Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by azgrandpa

Member Name: azgrandpa
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Quebec City
Destination: Canada & New England
See More About: Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

OK, but some glaring problems

This was our first cruise on NCL and in comparison with other cruise lines they were in the middle. Let's start with the positives: a call three weeks ahead of the cruise offering us an upgrade to a balcony room. Nice touch. Embarkation at Quebec City was the easiest we have ever encountered. Well done!! We took a package for three meals in the specialty restaurants. La Cucina was OK, Le Bistro was very good, but Cagneys topped the list. The wagyu sliders are to die for!!! A great experience, the staff was phenomenal.

We stuck with the Atrium Lounge for entertainment. Jose and Patti are great entertainers. EH!!

Some issues that need correcting, in my opinion. The disembarkation process at Halifax was a joke. The cruise directors staff and the operations staff were in two separate universes on this one. Having a bunch of elderly guests standing in line before the gangway is secured is not the way to run the business. Same sort of issue in Boston at the conclusion of the tours. The route off the ship was a serpentine tour of the promenade deck, you got to see both sides of the ship as well as the Stardust Theater entrance. Again the two staffs were not communicating well enough.

The room steward was forever shorting us on towels, but the room was clean and neat. We used the laundry service and when I asked him where it was, I got a blank stare, then he told me it was due back the next day. When I told him that was not right he disappeared and came back ten minutes later with the laundry. The only thing wrong was that when the laundry was done, it must have all been washed in the same bag, because my white clothes came back BLUE. My wife and I are calling this the Blue Laundry Cruise. Also, the carpet in the ship needs some work.

Publication Date: 10/21/13