Carnival Victory 5

Cruise review of Carnival Victory

arthur5768
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

The ship was very well maintained throughout the trip. The service, including the room service was prompt considering that the ship was to capacity. Having 9 elevators and seven hot-tubs, and three pools was good because people were spread out. Serenity did not have kids in it as it should be. The atmosphere was relaxing and fun.

However, if I could change two things, it would be that more shows to keep guests busy is a must. The shows were very limited and one of the only two comedians was not good at all. He was borderline boooeed off the stage. The second thing that I would change is that the big screen TV needs repaired due numerous pixels being out. I still enjoyed the Cowboys Vs. Redskins game at night time.

I did not see a great number of kids running around wildly. The dining was amazing and the service was great. If you choose the "open dining" feature in the Atlantic Dining Room, make sure to request to be served by Duarte and his team. Excellent!!! Now, as More a repeat Carnival guest, I was really looking forward to the eggs benedict that are served for breakfast. Twice, my wife and I were served eggs that were hard and the hollandaise sauce was dried on top of the eggs and appeared as if a slice of American cheese had been melted on top of the eggs instead. That is our only complaint with regards to the food.

Overall, great ship, great service, and great experience. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Less

Carnival Victory Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: October 2013
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

Just excellent. Staff knew my wife's name and my name when we met and they remembered it throughout.

Catamaran tour

Soon after disembarking, my wife and I rode a Powered Catamaran to the Isla de Pasion. A small private island next to Cozumel. The island was amazing and very private and relaxing. Open bar, open buffet, quietness, great service, and picture perfect white sandy beaches. All for only $70.00. The only disappointment was that the water was not sparking blue and it was greenish instead.

Published 10/15/13

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review

Carnival Victory Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?