Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by jessicak76: Breakaway review - the others.

jessicak76
Member Since 2008

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

Breakaway review - the others.

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

2nd NCL cruise; 1 other with RCCL and Carnival.

I want to try to go over things I havent seen in reviews yet.

Wheelchair Assistance during Embarkment: not good. Line to sign up for a wheelchair; line to wait for a wheelchair. Decided to skip it and just walk very slowly to end of the terminal to check in. Not very user friendly, especially when you "pre register" with their guest services in advance.

Once we got onto the ship went up the buffet - no problems getting a seat. Actually we never waited long to get a seat or served in any of the restuarants. The food throughout the trip was good-great. Nothing really STOOD out as "OMG I have it have it again", but overall the food and dining service was good to great.

Saw three shows: Rock of Ages, Michael Finney and the Dancing one. All were very good. Rock of Ages was Broadway calabier. Only a hand ful of people left (I am assuming due to the adult content).

The theatre seats are very More uncomfortable. There is a metal bar that hits the lower back. The theatre itself is basic, but it fits their needs to be versitile. Oh, there are servers there to get you drinks,.

O'Sheehans was our go to place. Breakfast, snacks, etc. They have a separate ice cream shop menu from 11am-11pm. These are a la carte-but yummy.

The entire ships' staff was amazingly friendly. I found every crew member helpful.

The cruisers were also friendly. Everytime you were in an elevator someone said good morning, or have a nice day. A very pleasant group of patrons.

The ship only felt crowded after the muster drill and went shows let out. We sailed on a sold out ship - but not filled to capacity. But never felt jammed or pushed.

Casino was nice. I did not have any problems with the smoke. I actually thought the entire ship was well ventilated. Not sure why people are having problems with smokers.

The walk from the ship to the actual dock yard in Bermuda seems long. be prepared.

The room steward, Andro, was always very nice and always gave us anything we needed. The room was perfectly fine for two people. The balcony was a fine size for two chairs and a small table - no longer could fit on there tho. We were in aspa mini suite. Bascially a room, with a balcony, and access to the spa.

The spa was nice. Three whirlpools, chairs, etc. Nice fews. Never crowded. Actually we never had a hard time getting longers at the pools either - we did not encounter any towels saving of chairs; as I don't think there was aneed- they were always available. Even 4 together.

Over all a good to great trip. Enjoy yourself. Don't let complaining reviews get you nervous Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>