Scenic Sapphire Cruise Review by cruiseryyc: Eight lovely days aboard the Scenic Sapphire

cruiseryyc
Member Since 2001
2,111 Posts

Cabin Not Rated

Eight lovely days aboard the Scenic Sapphire

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Amsterdam

Just home from eight great days touring with Scenic Tours along the Rhine River. As a seasoned ocean cruiser I was looking forward to seeing what river cruising had to offer and I was not disappoiinted. After reading some less than stellar comments about Scenic I was concerned about having chosen them, but my fears soon melted away once onboard. It was the best onboarding experience ever, from the time we showed up at the Amsterdam hotel until we were personally shown our cabins - first class all the way. The cabins were no smaller than what I was used to from previous ocean cruisers and I actually thought the bathroom was bigger and certainly provided more storage space. The ingenious design of their balconys with the window that closes was fantastic for early mornings or when the wind was blowing. We used the services of our butler every morning for delivery of coffee and croissants, he was always promptly on time and pleasant.

Since food is so subjective I hesitate to More mention it, but no one should not go hungry on a Scenic cruise and there is always something to choose from. Everything that I ordered was cooked to perfection and there was nothing that I did not like. We loved having lunch in the River Cafe which offered salads, open faced sandwiches along with hamburgers and fish & chips; and always an ice cream cone to finish the meal. On Scenic, all drinks are included all day long and they certainly did not skimp on the amount when pouring them.

The tours offered were great and I thought the tour guides at each port were the best ones I have ever encountered. The entertainment onboard was were they fell down a little but with limited space it's hard to please everyone. The pianist was great when he was playing but shouldn't sing. The crew put on a great show night that had everyone laughing and dancing.

There was really only one minor negative and that had to do with our cabin steward who had to be reminded to replenish items a couple of times. However he was young and just needed some more direction and experience.

I would not hesitate to recommend Scenic Tours if you're looking for a river cruise. Less

Read more Scenic Sapphire cruise reviews >>