Pride of America Cruise Review by aussiemandy: A Great Time was had

A Great Time was had

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

I sailed on the PoA on Sept 28th with my husband and 8 friends, from Australia, New Zealand and USA. And we all had a Great Time!! The cruise was all we had hoped for, relaxing, good entertainment and excellent food. Having read reviews, both positive and negative before sailing I wasn't sure what to expect. Our cabin was fine, not large, but then I didn't expect it would, but enough room for my husband and I to move around only bumping and giving way a few times. Our luggage fitted under the bed, once unpacked, with more than enough room for our clothes.

Our cabin was always made up, plenty of clean towels, and cute 'towel animals' each day. Though some of our friends got mints or chocolates left, we didn't - probably a good thing as I ate more than enough each day. I did like having the large window and didn't worry about not having a balcony as we weren't in the cabin enough to need one. All staff we dealt with were friendly and cheerful, often stopping to have a chat and More telling us their story of how long they'd been sailing and how they found the job.

We ate in the Aloha Café for breakfast each morning. being early risers we didn't encounter any queues. There was a good selection, I particularly liked their fresh muesli. We had dinner in the Aloha, Liberty and Skyline Restaurants. I actually preferred the Aloha café to the Main Dining rooms, I found the portions a bit small and not as tasty as I had hoped, though others in the group were happy with their orders. We did experience very slow service one night in the Skyline, our group had 2 tables and one table was finished each course 1/2 hour before ours arrived. No apparent reason. Much better service in the Skyline each night we were there.

We had cars booked for each port, except Kona, and realised after Maui the need to get off the ship as soon as possible after docking to get to the shuttle quickly and get through the rental process to maximise time on land.

Unfortunately there was no lava flowing, but we had found ourselves a good spot on deck 6 to wait, and similarly we were on deck 6 to view the Napali, which was amazing, but not as good as my morning helicopter flight with Blue Hawaiian over the coast.

We enjoyed the Tribute to Hollywood Musicals one evening, and the tribute to the Four Seasons which was first class. The final night comedy act and Four Seasons encore was a great finish to the cruise.

The cruise was a great way to experience a taste of the islands and relax at the same time. For my group it was a terrific way to catch up as well and spend time together. Less

Read more Pride of America cruise reviews >>