“The best vacation!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas

brittanyvthomas Freedom of the Seas 5 The best vacation!
brittanyvthomas
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This was our very first cruise...and lets just say we will be cruising every year from here on out! I could not believe how smooth everything went. The cruise ship is absolutely beautiful, the food was amazing, the staff was so generous! We drove down to Port Canaveral from Indiana...it was a long drive but well worth it! I loved the rock climbing wall and the shows were fantastic. We saw a magic show that blew me away!

I am a vegetarian so I was worried about whether there would be options for me on the ship and there were plenty! I have never ate so much food in my entire life...luckily there is a gym where I could work off all the calories.

We chose an interior stateroom on deck 6 because, well it was the cheapest option. We figured we did not need much more than that since it was just my boyfriend and I. Plus, you are never really in the room, there is so much to do on the ship and the islands, why waste the time in a room?? Our stateroom attendant was wonderful! He was so nice and was available whenever we needed him.

If you are skeptical of one of the ports, Labadee, Haiti...don't be. This is a beautiful and very private beach just for the cruise ship. I also think Haiti is absolutely stunning with all the hills and the untouched landscape. There are multiple beaches to fit everyones need. It was also great that the cruiseship gave everyone a free lunch out on the beach too! A few locals showed up but the cruise employees took care of them right away. The only annoying issue was if you walked up to the marketplace (which you have to if you want to get to the really really nice beach). The marketplace is full of little shops and Haitians trying to get you to buy something. Just keep walking or look if you please :-)

There were only two slight issues and one was to do with my bill. Luckily we caught it right away. There was an accidentally beverage package charge that I never purchased on my bill. I went straight down to the customer relations desk and told them about it nicely and they immediately took it off with no questions asked.

The other issue is somewhat funny not but not so funny when it happened. The first full day we were there I actually ended up passing out from heat exhaustion. I was on my way to the bathroom after laying out in the sun for a couple hours (it was overcast!) and passed out on the floor in front of the bathroom. Luckily, the emergency responders came right away and did test on me and once they determined that I was okay, they wheeled me back to my room. I was glad that they were so ready to help! I ended up being fine and went back out in the sun the next day :-) I just made sure to drink plenty of water!

Overall, Freedom of the Seas exceeded our expectations! We hope to go on Allure of the Seas next summer and cannot wait! I still have dreams of Freedom!

Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Freedom of the Seas Review
Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?