Carnival Ecstasy 5

dralliw1985
Member Since 2008
33 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

So a few preliminaries- traveling myself and sweetness to celebrate 28 years of marital bliss. No kids, no boss. No problems

Prior to boarding- night before and day of

Booked into La Quinta using frequent stay points, first room had a funky smell. But a trip to the desk and we were moved, poolside. All is well! We booked parking through Radisson Park Canaveral, ½ half the price of muni parking and three times the service. We paid ahead to save a few dollars. Very fast service to the ship, bring a few single bills, they are much appreciated. Also for those who forgot soda and water to bring aboard both are for sale at a reasonable price… did you remember you can bring one bottle of wine or champagne per 21 year adult? Can’t buy it here stop buy a local ABC store…before you park!

Boarding is very smooth, first Platinum class voyage "Woot.no problems getting through the doors to drop off our gear. The usual ship exploration, buy soda More card for sweetness, unpack etc. Trip to internet café to purchase a package no "guy " available, system not up… Nice Lido lunch

Any time dining positive experience one and only

Night one was a hit; we asked for group seating and were sat with three lovely gals from Pittsburgh. We had a very nice meal and fun company. We ran into our ladies multi times, I played and won ship on stick with them! First in 10 cruises my dry spell is over!

A nice run of casino benefiting future cruise plan finance. With tonight’s winnings I can buy three cocktails… with no extra tip

Day two Nassau Bahamas " love the noon arrival time

Normally we book ahead non ship excursions, IMO better and less cost. However was this trip is meant to be together time and not about the itinerary. As Floridians we have been to Nassau a lot. So we went into town to shop, collect a few freebies, and change for the ship recommended catamaran snorkel tour. Three hours. A very nice tour with some of the friendliest fish we ever met. Rum punch, as strong as you want served on the way back to port. And no working bath rooms, rest room, wash room as advertised on board. So water + rum punch+ time = need to um, relive one’s self.. Sweetness was miserable on ride home. I have to say town is a much different place after 6pm; aggressive vendors have thrown in towel. I enjoyed the walk back to the ship on the quiet island I met 25 years ago before the ships came daily.

For some reason this was formal night, after our excursion, and app at senior frogs, we weren’t feeling formal, so lido Buffet. Casino let the future cruise fund grow to 5 drinks. The dice table is active and fun, a lot of arguing about pay outs, if you know dice prepare to go to battle. Less

Carnival Ecstasy Cruises to the Bahamas

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Published 10/19/13

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review

Carnival Ecstasy Cruises to the Bahamas

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?