Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by jojo1244: 1st Cruise-Please Read!!

jojo1244
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Fascination Bahamas Cruises

1st Cruise-Please Read!!

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

My family and I (myself, 21 yr old daughter, 15 yr old daughter, & my parents) arrived in jacksonville on fri oct 4th, and stayed at the jacksonville plaza. Not a bad choice for the money. We left the hotel at 1:30pm sat the 5th, heading to the port. Luckily we only needed birth certificates & our I.d.'s. We had no problems at all checking in to set sail. We finally left the port around 4:30. So far I learned to bring my own cases of cokes....tea, lemonade, & coffee is included in your costs, cokes are not. And unless you're from the north, the tea is NOT sweet, AT ALL! Bring cokes!!!!!! You can eat when you first get on the ship, or go swim, walk around.....there's alot to do until your luggage arrives to your stateroom. So make sure you bring your immediate must haves in your carryon! The staff was fantastic! Very helpful and energetic. You receive a fun times brochure in your rm every evening for a list of the next days activities. And trust me......there's something More for everyone!!

We went to half moon cay on Mon the 7th, and it was great. Beautiful water, felt great, and it was fun to watch the chickens run around the island! lol Lunch is included there so no need to worry about buying food. The only downfall is that you have to be back on the ship by 4-4:30, as the ship leaves by 5.

Nassau was on tues the 8th, and it was great! My oldest daughter and myself did the parasailing excursion and if you have no fear, I recommend it!!!!! Downfall is if other people want to ride in the boat and they aren't doing the excursion, they will charge $25/per person. The other excursion we did was discover atlantis.....it was beautiful to look at, but seriously takes up to much time especially if you want to explore as much of nassau as you can, because once again, the ship leaves at 5pm. And trust me, the ship leaves when it says.....as someone did get left behind......a tugboat did catch up to us with the person, but I can only imagine how much it cost that person to get the ride! :P.

The last day at sea was not the best as we hit wavey water the whole day. Both of my daughter's got sick and I wasn't feeling 100%. You could definitely feel the movement on the boat that day!

Overall review.......get involved with as much as you can on the cruise....you will have a great time, meet wonderful people, and have memories to last a lifetime!!!!!! Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>