“First Carnival Cruise”

Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This was our second cruise, but the first with Carnival. We have heard a fair bit about Carnival since booking and a good portion was not good. The main purpose of of trip was rest and relaxation.

We booked the Carnival ground transportation from Laguardia to the ship and when we picked up our luggage the rep was no where to be found. The reps from the other cruise lines were all there, lined up holding signs, but we had to go looking for ours. My wife was not impressed. When we finally found her we were told it would be 15 to 20 minutes. 25 minutes later we were again told 15 to 20 minutes. This was not a good start to the trip. The drive to the ship was fine and we arrived about 11:00 A.M.

We also booked the FTTF program . It was amazing, and will do it again. We were in our stateroom, on our balcony, with a cold beer in hand, in less than 30 minutes.

All service aspects the entire trip were terrific, very helpful friendly people.

All shore excursions went well. We did the Old Town Trolley in Boston, the horse drawn wagon in Portland, and Peggy's Cove in Halifax. All tour guides were very informative.

Our stateroom was 8448 and it was spectacular, more about this in the cabin section. It was a premium vista aft wrap around, and they are very hard to get, now I know why.

Our dining room was the Platinum , which is aft, and it was very nice, great food, good selection and great wait staff.

Disembarkation went smoothly and we were back to the airport in no time at all.

We will cruise with Carnival again.

Carnival Glory Cruises to Canada & New England
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Cabin 8448 is a odd shape, being on the corner of the ship. It is larger than a normal balcony, but smaller than a suite. Lots of space. The balcony is why you get this room, it is HUGE. I paced it out and my best guess is that it is 45 feet from end to end. It is around 4 feet wide, so you are looking at about 175 sq. ft.We heard no noise from the engines, no violent shaking or vibration either. There is a bar/pool/jaccuzi area directly above this room and I was told there could be noise from the cleaning at night. We heard 2 chairs moved the entire trip. I will book this room again, and it it a party balcony.
Published 10/15/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Glory Review
Carnival Glory Cruises to Canada & New England
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?