Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by lhp: Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2006
Embarkation: Tampa

We sailed on the Miracle on October 8, 2006 and it was a wonderful cruise.

Hubby, 15 year old son and myself were in Cabin 5291 (interior room-aft). Great location if you are looking for less hall traffic and a shortcut to pizza on lido! Also close to the dining room. However, do be aware there is some noise from the cleaning carts being brought out on the floor above every morning and every evening. It never disturbed our sleep.

A word of warning also this is one of the Carnival ships that has the Carnival Vacation Club office on it. Please know that this is not owned by Carnival and is owned and operated by a timeshare company called ICE. Remember there is a reason they are not allowed to sell these programs in the United States. The old saying is true, if it seems to good to be true, you know the rest.  do your research! If you do purchase it, check it our thoroughly on the various cruise forums before your 3 days to void the contract are up. More

EMBARKATION: We are Platinum members and with VIP Check In, this was the easiest embarkation (and most enjoyable) we have ever done. We arrived around 10:30am and were on board by around 11:30am.

SHIP: The Miracle was an excellent shape. Clean and even those grapes in the formal dining room did not bother me.

STAFF: The staff was friendly and efficient. Extra kudos go to Adam (Karaoke host) who is am absolute delight and Michael (Piano Bar) who is a genuinely nice guy and talented professional. Sarah was our Assistant CD and she is a jewel. Laura and Phil were Social Hosts and lots of fun.

FOOD: I am not a foodie. However, I have always been pleased with Carnival's food. I have found it pretty consistent on the past 14 ships since 1998. It is not 5 star, however, you definitely do get your money's worth. I especially love the Deli. (and their great Grilled Reubens!!) The Miracle's food was better than our more recent cruises (Pride in March and Spirit in July). The chocolate in the desserts is still to strong for my tastes but that is an individual preference.

ENTERTAINMENT: I heard pros and cons about the shows. I never went, because I live in karaoke and the piano bar. Hubby goes to the shows and while he lived the shows themselves, the entertainers Carnival brings on board for special performances were not as good as he had seen on other ships. I guess it is just the luck of the draw.

PORTS: We have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel many times. We always just walk around Grand Cayman. Things are expensive there. Cozumel is always a trip to Paradise Beach. A wonderful beach day. We can not do excursions due to a special needs child, but everyone agrees that Yhonney is the cave tubing person in Belize and Gilly Young is the tour operator for those less adventurous but still want a good tour. Costa Maya was a day spent at the pool at the port and then some shopping. Our tablemates did take the $3 per person each way bus into town just to say they had been there. They said it was very quaint.

Overall, I would recommend this cruise and this ship to anyone who is looking for a nice cruise with just enough bells and whistles to keep you entertained...but not over the top. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>