Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by BeginningSteps

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by BeginningSteps
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: BeginningSteps
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

The Enchantment Bing-Bong at its Finest

Considering that we had just returned from a 7 night cruise on the Allure of the Seas, we had a bit uncertain about our trip on the Enchantment. However, we received an amazing rate via Royal Caribbean, and we had sailed on the Enchantment (happily) in July. While it was not the Allure, it many ways it was like coming home.

Beginning with the Captain (who is totally accessible and willing to chat with you) and the Cruise Director, Marc (who is the best in the business at what he does), everyone treated us Royally (better than on the Allure). Looking at things individually, here are my thoughts…

The room was not the Allure… it definitely was not unbearable, however. We had an inside cabin by request (I like the dark for an afternoon nap), and we were on deck 4, which was totally accessible to everything on the ship. Our steward was awesome, and our room was always clean and refreshed (cleaner than the Allure, where I found lots of hair in the bathroom!). We had plenty of drawer space, and actually, for a 4 night cruise, we did not use all of the space.

The entertainment was good, not great. Sorry, but in no way could it compare with Chicago or the ice shows we saw on the Allure; however, we were not expecting such a comparison. The comedian was funny, but the magician seemed to follow a specific script. Although he had various individuals help him during the show, I felt that he had little actual interaction with the audience, and he was more concerned with memorizing his lines. In addition, I felt that many of his tricks were basically the same, and he was more interested in selling his magic ‘stuff.’ I did, however, think that the shows by the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers were pretty awesome, especially their Broadway numbers. In addition, they put on a show in the ship’s main area, and they were personable with great voices. My husband and I really liked the piano player, Phil Anderson. He had a great voice and personality, plus he played Piano Man for me almost every night. He had only one more cruise on the Enchantment, and I’m glad we were able to hear him again (we heard him previously and would like to hear him again!).

The interactive shows were super fun, especially those that Marc led. He is just an all-around good guy whose personality suites his position perfectly. His sense of humor is really right-on, and he seems to enjoy what he does. He is the perfect match for Captain Gus… and his new Activities Manager, Allison, is just as sweet as can be. Again, this crew made our trip; I felt like a part of their family. They knew our names, and they always took the time to say ‘hello!’

The food… well, it was not bad, but it was not great. I felt that our waiter was upset with any changes that we requested… not to mention that I found a piece of glass in my soup dish, and no one really seemed to care much (I won’t dwell on this although I could!). We actually ate dinner at Chops one night, and it was a huge disappointment. We had recently ate at Chops on the Allure, and I expected a similar dining experience. The oysters were mushy and super small, my steak was wonderful, but the veggies were mushy; more importantly, I did not feel like I was dining… it was just another dinner. I did like Windjammer for breakfast, especially the egg station, which never seemed crowded.

The ports of call that we visited were old stuff to us, and we were happy to return to the ship early. We went to the beach on Nassau, and the water (plus fish) were lovely. Coco Cay is always fun and relaxing, especially the many fish we saw in the ocean. We enjoyed the hot tubs and the solarium pool the most!

All and all, it was a great cruise. I felt special! It was low key and yet exciting all wrapped up in one. After traveling with Royal Caribbean on many instances now, I know that the staff really does make the difference. On this voyage, Marc, Captain Gus, and Allison were the cream of the crop; YOU will be lucky to sail with them… they will assure you a vacation of a lifetime.

If you have any specific questions about the Enchantment, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at beginningsteps@bellsouth.net

Publication Date: 10/15/13