Crown Princess Cruise Review by teels18

Member Name: teels18
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Mediterranean
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining 5+

My first cruise on any ship!

My first view of the Crown Princess was awesome and totally took my breath away! Embarkation went smoothly especially as I use a wheelchair and I was very impressed with the car parking arrangements and the care the attendants took to take down the mileage and photograph the car all round to stop any disputes when getting back to it later.

My balcony cabin was very spacious and well adapted for a disabled person.

Food was excellent and far too much of it! If you were not careful you could go home having put on several pounds...and the room service was always quick and the food, if it was meant to be hot, it

arrived hot.The speciality restaurants were wonderful but the cover price a bit steep at $25 per person.

There was plenty to do on board on sea days and my friends and I especially loved the port lectures done in the main theatre. All praise given to the lecturer.

Entertainment? It's always difficult to find entertainers that will suit everyone's taste but it was always of a great, professional standard and was always well attended so you had to get to the venue to get your seat well before start time.

The ship was always clean and tidy and the staff always friendly and polite.

I cannot review the shore excursions as we organised private tours that would cope with a wheelchair, but they always looked very interesting, taking in all the main sites and interests of the nearby area that could be fitted in with the time constraints, always bearing in mind the time you had to get back on board without security looking at his watch and tutting at you!

The only negative point I want to add is that the ship did not accept debit cards and this is all I possess. I do not own a credit card and it was very fortunate that my friend did so all my expensives went on her credit card for me to pay for on return later. I was REALLY upset about this as I have seen nothing in the literature to warn me of this eventuality. Forgive me if I am wrong.

However, it was a wonderful experience especially as it was my first cruise. I have been to places I would not have otherwise been able to visit and been waited on hand and foot...thanks to my wonderful stateroom steward who did a grand job every day.

What more can I say ?

Thank you Princess Cruises!

Publication Date: 10/09/13