MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by ladyDiNi

Member Name: ladyDiNi
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: MSC Fantasia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Fantasia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Fantasia Deck Plans
American on MSC in Mediterranean

If this is your first cruise. You will love it but don't expect to find many people to talk to. I only saw one other American family. Most people speak English but choose not to converse. (I tried)

As a seasoned cruiser of American lines, I have had better. The ship is beautiful. The food was terrible. I did find enough to eat but I have had far better food on Carnival. I did enjoy the variety of fresh fruit on at the buffet. I did not find the beverage package worth the money. The drinks available were scant and of low quality. As an American, you get free water anyway. The coffee is terrible for an American. I would not do that again. The entertainment was fair at best. I missed all the little things that American cruise lines to do that make good, great. I think our expectations are higher. Thought that I'd rather do a European cruise with Europeans but would not do that again. (We visit regularly) I was able to get internet in my cabin, for 19.99 euros/hour.

I loved my balcony. It was not long enough for a lounge chair. It was all about the views for me. The bathroom was a good size with shower. The room was very comfortable with a couch, desk and king sized bed. We had plenty of storage. Drawers in the closet; area to hang clothes and able to store suit cases under the bed. We used the laundry service and it was good. You get things back the next day and can give instructions.

This cruise started in Venice. The cruise terminal in Venice is not easy to access. We stayed 4 nights in Venice first. It was perfect. We were too tired after the cruise to enjoy it. Don't try to do a quick look at Venice the day before or after. Venice needs some time and away from the crowds. You will be disappointed if you just try to see the tourist sites in a quick day. The other ports on the itinerary were fabulous. I did book all private tours at most ports and it was well worth it. Usually cheaper and able to change the agenda to my liking (like go to restaurants or different stops) and not crowds or tour buses. Trip advisor has guides or taxis recommended by others. The ports I decided to do on my own were lacking and if I did this again I would book tours for them too. (Bari and Dubrovnik) Bari was easy to access. You have to pay for a shuttle into town where it is easy to get lost but also easy to get found again. Loved walking the old streets and seeing the THE BASILICA OF ST NICHOLAS. I loved all the Greek Isles and highly recommend this agenda.

Publication Date: 10/09/13