Disney Dream Cruise Review by MrsGrffn777: ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! Best vacation EVER!

MrsGrffn777
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 6.0

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! Best vacation EVER!

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was our second cruise on the Disney Dream. The first was October 2012 and was our first cruise ever we sailed with our 8 yr old son.

Since we had never been on a cruise we really couldn't compare it to other cruise lines however after sailing Disney twice I don't want to sail any other cruise line. I just don't think it gets better than Disney Cruise Line I really don't. Yes, I have heard its more expensive but I'm a strong believer in "You get what you pay for" simple as that.

Also the vacation is actually for our son so we totally wanted something kid friendly. However, we were shocked at what a great vacation for US it turned out to be. The adult areas are nice & ADULTS ONLY! It's strictly enforced too which is great.

Cabins were perfect they were spotless , modern & the bed felt AMAZING. The split bathroom concept is nothing short of GENUIS! I don't know what fragrance Disney Cruise Line has pumping through the ventilation but I want it in More my house! It smelled so good in the cabin & walking up the hallway. Stateroom host was great, made AMAZING towel animals each night which were very creative. He also kept the room immaculate.

Food was great my husband LOVES Cabanas (buffet) with all his heart! Royal Palace was our favorite that escargot was DIVINE! I loved breakfast every morning too at Enchanted Garden or Cabanas. The burgers at the quick serves are sooooo good. The soft serve ice cream had 4 favors to choose frm chocolate, strawberry, banana & vanilla. What a treat!

Kid's Clubs were a hit with my son. He wanted to stay there every night all night & the GPS bracelet they have them were is a great idea.

Entertainment was great, Disney shows are top notch, all current Disney movies are shown on ship free of charge.

Staff- was 1000% professional, provided excellent service & were very accommodating. Honestly felt like I was given 1st class treatment at all times.

Pool areas were not crowded ( school was in session) & well maintained. We watched Thursday night football on the HUGE funnel vision tv. Hot tubs felt sooooo good

I love that Disney gives you a Wave phone to stay in contact with your family that works all throughout the ship as well as on Castaway Cay (Disney's island) you can talk or text on them we used them a lot.

I can't possibly comment on everything as this would go on forever but I do want to say I actually think some of these negative comments on here are absurd . I really do. Disney operates in excellence & you get nothing less on their cruise ships.

Most of the "mishaps" I witnessed or complaints I overheard were honestly due to the customers own total disregard of rules that were obviously put in place for their own safety or them overlooking or not listening to things that had been spelled out to them 100 times.

My husband & I don't make a lot of money we save & put away for our vacation all year. Disney Cruise Line is worth every penny, the onboard booking offer is wonderful and helps us keep booking them we plan to make it an annual family event . I have become the official "Disney Cruise Info Person" at my place of employment. I highly recommend a Disney cruise to everyone I know it's just that AWESOME! Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>