Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by CT Husky Lover

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by CT Husky Lover
Carnival Fascination
Destination: Bahamas
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

All things considered, we really enjoyed this cruise!

We decided on the five day Carnival Fascination out of Jacksonville and were not disappointed. The ride to the cruise port from the airport ran us $20 via "Goshuttle". Getting on the boat was extremely quick and efficient. We arrived at the port at approximately 1105 hours and were actually sitting down and eating lunch in "Coconut Grove" at 1135 hours. Because the ship is nearly 20 years old, I was concerned (prior to boarding) about its overall appearance and condition. I must admit that I found the ship to be in very good condition. The common areas looked great, the main dining rooms looked brand new, and our cabin also seemed brand new.

I don't know the exact amount of passengers, but I do know this ship set sail with less than full capacity. There was minimal waiting anywhere we went and getting deck chairs around, or near, the pool was never a problem. I found the staff of this ship to be as professional, as courteous, and as helpful as any other cruise I've been on. We had no complaints with the food, everything was the right temperature and tasted fresh! My biggest possible complaint (which wasn't even that big) was the "Divas" show. I'm used to there being eight dancers IN ADDITION to the 2 or 3 singers, and when it comes to dancing, usually its not that difficult to pick out the singers. In this production, the 3 singers were part of the 8 dancers, which I believe lowered the talent level of the dancers.

Publication Date: 10/14/13