Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by nancynana9950: fun family cruise

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

fun family cruise

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We recently returned from our 9/22-9/29 cruise on NCL Breakaway. My husband and I are in our early sixties. Traveling with us were my Mom, 87, sister 47, and brother, 59. We boarded a Yankee Trails bus for a 3 hour trip to the pier in Manhattan. Embarkation was easy, checked in, seated for about 20 minutes, then boarded about 11:20. Looked around for a bit, then went to lunch at Savor. Nice meal, no complaints. By the time we finished, cabins were ready. We stayed in a B6, a large balcony, forward, portside. Mom and sis next door. Brother, inside, deck 5. Cabin was clean and spacious. Plenty of storage and hangers in closet. The bed was by the closet, but we found the arrangement suitable as it made accessing the balcony easier. About that balcony; so glad we went with the large one as so many have commented on, the regular ones are very small. We were able to have a lounger as well as 2 chairs and small table.Our cabin steward was Claudia and she was top of the line! Best we've ever More had. This was our fifth cruise, second on NCL. Bathroom was a good size. Temperature control worked fine. No complaints about the cabin.

Dining was mostly good. We dined in Le Bistro, excellent, Cirque Dreams; great show and surprisingly very good meal. Manhattan was next and was good, but if we had to eat in there as well as Taste and Savor every night it would get boring as the menu changes so little. We much preferred the upcharge dining options. Cagney's was excellent and La Cucina was very good. Buffet food was good but frequently not hot enough. Breakfast there every morning and Eggs Benedict stone cold!

Entertainment was great; did not see all shows we wanted to because of schedu

ling conflicts. A word about seats in theater: awful! There' s a bar across the back of seat that is so uncomfortable! I can't imagine sitting through a 90 minute show! Amenities:Yes the pool is small. No matter to me, I don't use it. We sailed with 3,897 passengers. Finding a lounge was no problem. Even in the pool area chairs could be found. You would have to climb on them from the bottom. They are tightly packed together in groups of four. Really difficult to access for those with mobility issues or older folks. The slides are great fun as is the ropes course. No lines when we did them on second sea day.

Casino: Didn't use it. Walked through it many times. The smell of cigarettes was very evident.But I noticed I didn't feel effects of second hand smoke so I think they are venting pretty well.Don't know what can be done about the smell.

Didn't use the fitness center. It's very nice to walk on the waterfront in the morning in fine weather. Also great for post dinner stroll. Nice touch you won't see on other ships so far.

Didn't use spa; heard it was great.

Staff: Absolutely no complaints here. All were friendly and helpful.

Bermuda!! Can't wait to go back! If you can't have a great time here you might as well stay home! You can't go wrong whether you book excursions with cruise line or set off on your own. It's easy to get around, it's clean, safe and people are friendly. A most beautiful place!!

Debark: Certainly not as quick and easy as boarding, it never is Better than some we've done but not the fastest.

In summary, Loved it! Would do it again in a New York minute! Less