Disney Dream Cruise Review by erinx08

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Great Honeymoon cruise for 2 Kids at Heart

My husband and I got married in August, but I litterally searched for the "perfect" honeymoon for months. We decided on a cruise and then it was up to me to choose the cruise line. I have wanted to go on a DCL cruise since I was a kid, and after researching every major cruiseline I could think of, Disney was the only thing I was going to be happy with.

We flew to Orlando the day of the cruise (hectic!) and used the "Disney Magical Express" for the 45 minute ride to Port Canaveral. I recommend doing this, it eliminates confusion & there is no chance of getting lost; it's worth the extra money!

The Disney terminal was BEAUTIFUL and boasted a beautiful view of the ship as well! Check in was a breeze as we had brought all documentation and had signed our cruise contracts ahead of time as well. We received our "Key to the World" Card (great idea btw) and boarded the ship an hour before our scheduled time, which I was impressed with, since I didn't have to wait! I have to add it was so much fun for the crew to welcome us to the ship by announcing my new last name!

Staterooms aren't available until 1pm, so we headed to Cabanas for lunch. I must say, I was so impressed by the buffet, we ate breakfast there everymorning except the last and I NEVER FOUND THE END OF THE BUFFET, there were so many delicious options!

Our stateroom was 7574 a Standard Ocean view room with verandah. The room was HUGE compared to what I had heard about cruise ship staterooms and the verandah was breathtaking with it's view of the vast blue sea. =D Our stateroom attendant was wonderful, our room was always clean, we never wanted for anything, and we always had chocolates and a fun towel animal waiting for us when we returned from dinner!

The 3 main dining rooms were great & we really enjoyed Disney's "Rotational Dining" setup. By the end of night 3, our waiter even knew I hate whipped cream with my icecream! Disney was nice enough to set us with people our age and there was nevere a dull moment at our table, making us some of the first to arrive & last to leave! My favorite of the 3 was Animator's Palate, I LOVED the talking animated Finding Nemo characters & the fact that they had a real-time conversation with my husband, thoroughly making that the best and most entertaining dinner of my life! If you are traveling kid-free I suggest second seating, we had it & there were fewer kids than what I saw leaving first seating. We just had to watch the shows first, which was a little different to how we do it at home, but isn't vacation about living a little out of the box anyway?

We stopped and Nassau the second day, it's dirty, and if I'm ever on another ship that ports there, I will likely hang out on the boat for the day. We did have a beautiful view right from our breakfast table on deck at Cabana's as we were pulling in to port though!

The third day was Castaway Cay, and let me tell you, Disney has created nothing short of paradise on this island! We enjoyed Serenity Bay & a couple's massage in the cabana before heading to the family beach for a BBQ & some after lunch snorkeling. If you ever get the chance to snorkle, do it! For $10 we had about 3 hours worth of fun & a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I was too sad when we left for Port Canaveral that evening, I wouldn't mind to be a "castaway" there!

We watched two of the 3 shows, "The Golden Mickey's" and "Believe" we skipped out on "Villains" to enjoy more time at Castaway Cay, which I think was worth it, since I heard most didn't care for that show.

Pirates night was a lot of fun, the fireworks weren't all they are cracked up to be, but it was still neat.

Ride the AquaDuck, it's worth your time to wait!

I hated hearing the ship's horn at 5:30-6am on the final day! That was just way too early to be ending such an amazing trip! Disembarkment was a breeze, customs took about 10 minutes (and that included waiting in line) and we took the Magical Express back to MCO.

The only problem we encountered the entire trip was our door key not working, turns out the battery was dead and it was about a 5 minute fix that earned us a pass for a free trip to the spa.

My husband and I both said if we ever cruise again (which we will!) it will be a Disney Cruise! Our boat was spotless, the food was great, and the Carnival ships we were in port beside of just looked dirty!

Oh, and I have to add, I called Disney a good 5 or 6 times leading up to the cruise, and recieved nothing but kind customer service & reassuring help!

Publication Date: 10/14/13