Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by LadyBlue58: A lot less than what I expected

LadyBlue58
Member Since 2010

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

A lot less than what I expected

Sail Date: September 2013

The interior of the ship is beautiful, but the food is not up to par with all of the hoopla and attention this ship gets. It started with my meal in Park Café. I got the jerk pork wrap; be warned, you need to send a private detective out to find the pork that was SUPPOSED to be in that wrap that was more tortilla and lettuce than anything else (other guests told me the same when we were talking about the food). Since that was "less than satisfying”, I got a Cheese Panini; the bread was so hard that I could only eat the cheese out of it. We ate at Izumi and because we are Crown and Anchor members, we were supposed to get 25% off the price of our food. No one ever mentioned it, nor was it automatically taken off when we received our check. I happen to see it in the room on our TV when we were checking benefits and specials. It’s a good thing I took a picture of that on the TV screen that day because, needless to say, that announcement was long gone when we went to More guest services to ask about adjusting our bills to reflect the 25% discount that was rightfully ours.

Breakfast presented an entirely new set of challenges: it took 3 attempts to find a bagel that wasn’t extremely crunchy or one you wanted to use as an anchor for said ship. They let them sit under the lights and if no one eats them, then stay there until someone is unfortunate and picks one up. Warning, there’s no grapefruit juice on the entire ship, so bring your own. If you desire a bagel anytime besides at breakfast (say you want bagels and lox for lunch), you’re flat out of luck " you can’t get one in any of the 24 restaurants on board and not even when ordering room service. Don’t even think about getting a decent steak in the MDR. Even cooked medium rare, it was terrible and tasteless. Another guest (one that holds that Diamond Plus status) sat at my table and about 3 nights later attempted to have that for his entrée. It was just as bad; so bad that when the restaurant manager visited our table, he informed him that someone needed to speak with the chef as this steak was TERRIBLE‼!

One night I didn’t even find anything in the MDR for an entrée and was forced to settle for 3 appetizers to make a meal. Be warned, don’t get the (tasteless) grits and by all means, don’t ask for cheese grits. The waiters look at you like you’ve got 3 heads. So with help from a guest that told him to put cheese on the bottom in a bowl, then the grits and then more cheese, he left; he brought back the bowl of (unflavored/no seasoning) grits and about 8 slices of American cheese. That does not work. I thought, "hey, I’m going to start a new trend - losing weight on a cruise ship.

We ate at the (fee) Seafood Shack and it was good and tasty. It gets me that we needed 2 separate checks for a meal and a beverage " keep in mind there was a spot on each check for "additional gratuity”. It almost took an act of Congress and God to get iced tea at breakfast. Geez‼! Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>