Carnival Glory Cruise Review by WoodNRoses: Just a bit disappointed

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Canada & New England Cruises

Just a bit disappointed

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We have been on quite a few cruises and are Gold with Carnival. This cruise was rather a let down in a few areas.

Cabin was fine, a bit dated and worn. The door to the balcony did not seal completely so even when closed there was some wind noise. Did enjoy that the temp is set on the shower. With the signage about being green in relation to towels and their reuse, I do wish that the cabin steward would not replace hung towels!

I have always considered that the food and service in the dining room was overall better than the casual dining in the Lido Buffet. This sailing was quite the opposite. Our server never did really bother to learn our names or preferances, Requests were very slow in coming and rarely hit the mark. We did complain that all hot food was never hot, this got a little better but not by much. I did not appreciate a cold slice of prime rib, less than 1/4 inch thick and a cold lobster tail with an even colder serving of potatoes. Desserts also missed More the mark lacking flavor and overall texture, I really do expect wonderful! The maitre'd visited out table twice for about 2 seconds, "everything is wonderful, right?" and off he went to the next table.

Entertainment after dinner was getting other passengers up to dance and cut up. However, I really do have to rave about the burgers on the poolside deck, the deli and the pizza. While Carnival touts room service available 24/7 there is no menu in the cabin and when called only cold food is available. A friend became ill during our cruise and was stuck in the cabin for a day, needless to say, all she could get from room service was a cold sandwich. We had to bring her in food from the buffet.

We were very surprised how smokey the casino has become, most of us found it difficult to be there at all. I am sure they need to install air scrubbers or something, We are unlikely to visit that area again.

Carnival touts wifi available in your cabin, sure at a cost of .75 per minute, that is totally out of line! And movies on demand at 9.99 a pop! Really?

We requested that the balcony door be opened between ours and the next as hubby's sister & bro in law were with us. That finally occured only to be closed and locked the next day after an inport outside cleaning schedule, never to be reopened.

While the entertainment was nice I must say it was not on a par with other Carnival cruises we have been on. Finally, I was quite dissapointed that the Hot Tubs were only above tepid on the last day of our cruise, after abusing my feet and body with a long day ashore, I truly needed a good hot soak! In the fitness room, we found quite a few of the machines not working properly, I am sure from much use and abuse to the touch screens. So, I am not really sure if the crew is all that jazzed about service since they have only 2 more weeks until repositioning or whatever, but the Glory is just not that Glorious! Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>