Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by losumi

Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: losumi
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Spa & Fitness 5+
        Under 3 5.0

Four generations cruising

We choose this cruise for our family with 4 generations going, aged from 2 years to 94. This was the 12th cruise for my husband and myself and most of our cruises are 2 weeks or longer. We choose Royal Caribbean, Explorer of the seas to Bermuda, because it left out of Bayonne which meant that my 94 year old mother did not have to fly. I though that this ship would appeal and satisfy everyone. They do offer, an ice rink, and very good ICE SHOW, inline skating, golf, wall climbing and a little play area for toddlers and kiddie pools. Sadly, most of us were very disappointed in Royal Caribbean.

Although the Ice Show was excellent the rest of the entertainment was mediocre with the exception of one very good comedian. The buffet food was not very good nor was there a large variety of offerings. The dining room food was better, with Lamb Shank and Rack of Lamb being the best, the Lobster Tail was also good. I order fish several times and they were over cooked with the consistency of rubber.We had very good wait staff and all had excellent stateroom attendants.

My husband and myself and two cousins had 2 of the smallest cabins we have ever had, an inside this time, I had to crawl into bed, not enough room to walk to my side of the bed. My mother had a disabled cabin, which was spacious, and my son, his wife and 2 year old were in a large ocean view which was very nice.

My husband and I were awakened at 2:00am on our first night out by a constant banging on the wall. After 15 minutes of continuous banging I called guest services, they sent security, who said it was the ships motion. We said that is not sound from the ships motion we have been on many cruises. The banging did not stop and we complained again that day and after the next sleepless night. After 5 calls to guest services and 4 visits to them they finally called the engineers to take the panels off the walls and fix the problem. The engineers should have been called after our first sleepless night. We received no apology and no compensation. I wrote a note and mentioned how disappointed we were that we were not responded to immediately and not offered any compensation and BTW we are Diamond Level on R.C. We got a letter stating that we would receive a 15 percent discount on our next R. C. cruise. Do we really want to cruise with them again?

Publication Date: 10/14/13