Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Cybercop106

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Cybercop106
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Conquest
Member Name: Cybercop106
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

Good first cruise

My wife and I sailed with another couple who are our good friends to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel 09-22 thru 29. My wife gets carsick, so I booked an inside, lower deck room to try and insure she wouldn't be uncomfortable with ship movement. She also got trans-dermal motion sickness patches, just in case. Fortunately she never even had to use them, tho there wasn't much rough sea that week. Anyway, it was our first cruise, but our friends were regulars, so we learned from them pretty much what to bring and what to do while cruising.

First off, let me say our stateroom was Riviera Deck #1372, and it was great! Excellent thermostat, quiet and clean, everything worked. I highly recommend it to the budget conscious cruiser. It is also centrally located (Amidships) for easier access to everything. Our Steward "Putu" was awesome!

The food was very good, for the most part. The pizza was a little lame, but for a 24 hr service, what the heck. The burgers were super and the burritos were decent. The buffets were very good as well. Dining in the Monet was nice, with very good to excellent food. There was always the very tasty Flat Iron Steak to fall back on if none of the different daily main courses sounded good. Same for the desserts w/ the Chocolate Melting Cake.

The wife did a massage (not worth the price) and had a few frozen Margaritas (same), and we did the Mayan ruins excursion in Belize (4 hours of it is bus ride...... so that made it barely worth the cost). Unless you want to buy a bunch of stuff, I would advise skipping the tourist shops on Cozumel. Pushy, aggressive merchandise hawkers got on my nerves immediately. I only went along to carry my wife's packages as she shopped for gifts. Although a highlight was lunch at the Thirsty Cougar!! That was an amazing table of food; $50 for 4 people, including drinks. Unless you are a very heavy eater, share a meal, because the pile of Fajitas Nachos I got was HUGE! My wife got some onion rings and we shared both dishes. We couldn't even finish them.

Publication Date: 10/12/13