Ruby Princess 4

“Eastern Med 14 NIghts Septemeber 21 - October 5 2013”
Cruise review of Ruby Princess

newmanzoe
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

My wife and I are experiences cruisers with thirteen ocean cruises and two river cruises in the past. We have sailed with RC, Celebrity, Norwegian, Carnival, and Princess previously.

Our only previous experience with Princess was the Golden Princess in 2001 shortly after it entered service.

We picked this cruise because of its wonderful itinery - Venice, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Sea day, Instanbul, Mykanos, Athens, Santorini, Rhodes, Kusadisi, Crete, Sea, Naples and finishing at Rome.

We had a great overall cruise but were dsiappointed with the dining room and the buffets. In my opinion, the food quality has gone down considerably since our last Princess cruise in 2001 and is not as good as RC or Carnival. We had a table of eight in the Boticelli dining room and two couples did not go to the dining room at all because of the food the during last week of the cruise.

We ate twice at the extra cost Crown Grill and it was excellent.

Our cabin was on More deck 11 aft. We like to go to the casino before dinner, but it is awkward from this location. You need to travel to mid ship before you go to deck 6 because if you take the aft elevator to 6 6 you can't get there because the kitchen blocks your access. After we are done at the casino we needed to go up to deck 7, head aft and then drop down to 6 for dining. The Golden Princess is the same as I recall.

Shore excursions and departure day were very well organized. The quality of the excursions including the guides was very good.

Overall, I would rate the service quality as average at best. We have had better service on other cruise lines. Less

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

Good cabin, lots of closet space, seems bigger than RC cabins.

Published 10/11/13

Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?