Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by dmtiern: 5-day Ecstasy trip to Bahamas! 2 thumbs up!

dmtiern
Member Since 2011

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Bahamas Cruises

5-day Ecstasy trip to Bahamas! 2 thumbs up!

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Quickie review (sorry no pics) -

Cast of characters: Myself53 4th cruise, DD19 3rd cruise, DD22 3rd cruise & DDBF22 3rd cruise . We had 2 Oceanviews R84 & R88. We live in St Cloud FL so it's an easy drive to Pt Canaveral.

Parked at Park n Cruise 1700 Sea Ray Dr Merritt Island, FL 32953 Phone Number 321-454-2500 for the 1st time, only $3.99 & tax per night - great savings over parking at Port Canaveral! (google to get this rate!) Easy shuttle, tipped driver $5 for 4 bags, then tipped port worker $5.

Arrived at 11:35 - thru security & sail card & directly onto ship by 12:05.

Went to Lido & had some fresh fruit then went around exploring the ship. ALL of our previous cruises were Carnival Sensation, fantasy-class sister ship, also out of Port Canaveral, so we felt right at home. Liked Ecstasy decor better, lol!

Rooms were ready at 1:30 & 2 of our luggage arrived. The other 2 (of course the ones w/RR's inside) were More late to arrive. Had me biting my fingernails for a few, but by 5pm they also arrived, all intact & RR's safe & sound (1st time, will do this again! Got 'em at Dollar Tree, thanks to someone here:))

Your time Dinner in dining room, had spring rolls, fish & WMC - all delish! Tried hottubs on Serenity, nice but not hot enough, oh well. Crashed & slept like a baby!

Next day Freeport & Swim with the Dolphins, booked thru Carnival cuz I am a chicken, lol. Awesome!

Dinner had stuffed mushrooms, fish again, skipped dessert!

Next day was Nassau where DD19 & I shopped til we dropped. Got a bottle Old Nassau Dark Rum $9 (thanks to CC peeps!) D22 & DDBF22 hung out at Senor Frogs.

Dinner was salad & indian vegetarian (dang that meal is good, even though I didn't know exactly what I was eating!) skipped dessert again.

Next day was Half Moon Cay - our 1st time there. We rented Cabana #11, will do this again. Our cabana was in a great location, restrooms right behind us. The lunch served there was really good too - I had jerk chicken, salad & rum cake. We stayed as long as we could, the line to board the tender was long but moved fast. Dinner that night was pasta something & fish again, skipped dessert but later went to Lido & sampled a few desserts. Most were pretty dang good!

Day at sea was spent resting, visiting shops, got a bottle duty-free Smirnoff $13, We each got a complimentary drink coupon to be used in the dining room at breakfast or lunch, so we went to the dining room for lunch - got a Miami Vice (yum!) and for lunch ordered just spring roll app., then went to Lido & got the deli turkey wrap.

Sadly our cruise came to an end - we did self-assist & debarked around 9:15 am, long security line but moved fast, found our Park n Cruise shuttle area, waited under a tent-thing for about 15 minutes, then were shuttled back to our car, easy-peasy!

Some highlights:

Had an awesome cabin steward IDA

Great servers GERMAN, DVMITRY, & JOSE

Coffee was good - I brought an insulated mug & discovered 1/2 cup soft serve vanilla, topped off w/coffee was an awesome beverage. So good I didn't even purchase my usual coffee from the cafe.

We ordered room-service breakfast every morning, excellent! Coffee, bagels, fruit & always delivered right on time!

We missed the shows but did see the adult comedy - very enjoyable. Also watched the love & marriage show where a young man was brought to the stage along w/his GF - he proposed on bended knee (awwhhh!) very sweet to watch:) Played a trivia game or 2, DD19 wanted to win a ship-on-a-stick but it was not to be...

Was a nice vacation & we are already looking to book again - would sail Ecstasy again in a minute! Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>