Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Mawelch: Nice short getaway for our birthdays

Mawelch
Member Since 2004

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Nice short getaway for our birthdays

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My DH and I took the 4 day out of Port Canaveral which departed on the 30th of Sept. Our birthdays are the 1st and 3rd of Oct, so we decided to take cruise at the last moment. Departure was smooth as silk at the port. We had an Ocean view on deck 2 on the Enchantment. The ship was clean, but showing it's age. The hallway on deck 2 starboard side always had the smell of sewage. You could see where they had changed much of the carpet in pieces. Maybe some rooms flooded or something, but the smell never went away and was a little turn off. Our bathroom sink did not have hot water and had very low water pressure. We contacted maintenance and asked them to fix that for us. A maintenance man came fairly promptly and after a short time said it was fixed. My husband checked it after he left and found the water to be luke warm, and less pressure than before. He decided to live with it since it was only for 4 days. Besides after 26 years in the Navy he was used to shaving with cold water. More

The food in the main diningroom was very good, as was the service from our head and asst. waiter. The entertainment was also good throughout the ship.

My husband wanted the beverage package, but it is RC policy that we both had to purchase it. That would have been a waste for us as I don't drink alcohal or the specialty drinks. I guess they think he would buy drinks for me on his package, but we don't try to beat the system. O well their loss.

The private island day was great, and Nassau was Nassau. We did the tour to the zoo and it was fun.

All in all a fun time, but we won't cruise that ship again. We will stick to the newer RC and Celebrity ships Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>