Island Escape Cruise Review by Von85: Fantastic cruise for first timers

Von85
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Fantastic cruise for first timers

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Palma de Mallorca

My boyfriend and I are just back from a two week cruise on the island escape. This was my boyfriends first cruise and after reading the reviews we were really unsure what to expect. However we had a fantastic time.

Yes it's an old cruise ferry but it didn't feel that way on board. All the public areas were nicely decorated and you could tell they have spent a lot on this ship. Our cabin wa nice, it was slightly bigger than I expected however the bathroom was dated and it took us a while to get the shower to a nice temperature but we finally mastered it. Thank you has to go to Melwin our cabin steward who attended to our room 3 times a day and who was very friendly.

Food wise we couldn't fault the ship. Food was varied and plentiful, we never struggled to find something we liked. The island restaurant was our favourite out of the two, but we did eat at the beach comber if we missed dinner in island restaurant or if we were feeling like a snack. I would highly More recommend going to the oasis at least once. For £15 it is well worth it, we had the lobster menu and this included lobster ravioli, lobster soup, lobster Thermidor and a choice of dessert. It was absolutely amazing they also gave us a basket of different breads with oils. The all inclusive drinks package was great too, you only pay for premium drinks but you should be able to find something you like ( I liked the cocktails) and if you do want a premium drink its not that expensive.

Entertainment was great we especially enjoyed the bounty lounge where the Switch played every night and where there were game shows. We were asked to take part in the generation game on our first week which we were a bit apprehensive about, but we had a blast and enjoyed every minute of it. The entertainment staff were excellent. We did go to the shows a couple of times but if I'm honest they weren't for us we are a couple of ages 28 and 31 so we felt it was more geared up to older people. Which was fine as there was plenty to keep us occupied and we never felt out of place. We did enjoy ending our nights in the look out bar which acted almost like a night club which was great.

On the whole we couldn't fault this cruise and we loved exploring all the lovely cities along the way. Would we do it again? Absolutely :) Less

Read more Island Escape cruise reviews >>