Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Ron888: Great Cruise, but......

Ron888
Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Great Cruise, but......

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

First of all, I booked everything through the cruise line directly and although we had cruised on many lines before, this was my first cruise with Celebrity. We prepaid Plane tickets from here in South West Florida to Rome and all Transfers form airport to Ship. I wanted to be sure of all connections and no problems “missing the ship”. Choice Air said there were no direct flights, so we had to make 3 connections going and coming.No direct flights! A real long day both ways! I would choose to book my next cruise flights independently next time since I felt choise air did not do their best to accommodate our passage effeciantly.

The Cruise itself was mostly great. Reflection is a new ship and the Celebrity staff really does fine jobs anywhere on the ship to make you feel comfortable. Our itinerary started in Rome, then to Sicily, Athens, Kusadasi, Turkey, Rhodes, Santorini, Mykonos, and Naples. All ports were well managed and even the one port where the ship was More tendered in Santorini was handled well considering the ship had 3000 passengers! The on board entertainment was exceptional. They had a cruise director that seemed to bring in the best of talent and really pleased most people. Food was good, but I would have liked to see more “local varieties” offered when in those ports. (Like more Italian choices when in port in Sicily). I realize you could easily taste local foods and drinks while touring on land, but it still would be nice to also have some on-board menus.

We had a nice mixed age group...a few kids under 18....some young adults (20's, 30's and 40's) and some seniors. In general everyone seemed to enjoy the entertainment offered. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>