Celebrity Century Cruise Review by Bouff: WOW!!

Celebrity Century 5

WOW!!

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

OK so we are Celebrity fans, this being our 6th cruise with them. We have previously sailed the Galaxy and Mercury as well as the Constellation (twice) and the Eclipse. As there was not a huge price difference we booked Concierge for the perks which just make life on board a little more interesting.

Firstly I have to admit that I had been following reviews and some concerns expressed about the condition of the Century. Yes it is an older vessel and this is reflected in the styling of the ship's interior. The woods are darker and there are not the 'bells and whistles' found on the Solstice class. As long as you accept that fact this is a fine ship in excellent condition - very clean and classy.

We have never seen so many officers about the ship and there was always a good management presence in the Elite lounge. We shook hands with the Captain twice on this 11 day cruise and that is not something that has happened before. Indeed all the crew were friendly and More approachable.

Our cabin was always clean and tidy and was immediately cleaned to perfection after I suffered a serious nose bleed.

Food? Fantastic - as good as ever. We think our Waiter and his Assistant did not have a full complement of tables as service was very efficient and we were never waiting for food! We had a wine package and the Sommelier also was efficient and helpful.

I am not going to review the ports of call as they are covered elsewhere on these forums. Only to say that it was a great shame that we had to miss Ketchikan due to bad weather, alhough the CD, Ben Powney, did an excellent job in re-arranging the activities, and I am not convinced that Prince Rupert is a particularly notable call.

I did mention my illness and I have to report that the Medical Centre did an excellent job. Less

Published 10/08/13

Helpful? Thank Bouff

Read more Celebrity Century cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Century Review >>

Cabin review:

Our cabin seemed a little smaller but this may be because our previous cruise was on the Eclipse and the finish was in dark wood rather than the contemporary light woods. Plenty of storage space both in the room and the bathroom. We were able to store our suitcases (large) under the bed!.We did use the balcony but only occassionally as we had a very wet cruise.

Bouff
Member Since 2006
688 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?