Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by nana2many: Americas Cup and Wine Cruise

Americas Cup and Wine Cruise

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: USA
Embarkation: Seattle

Embarkation in Seattle was good. The Solstice is a beautiful ship. The décor was simple and elegant. The inside stateroom was spacious and comfortable. There was plenty of closet/storage space. Our cabin steward, Peter, was superb. He was very attentive to our needs and concerned as my husband didn't feel very well most of the trip.

We visited the onboard medical center and was very impressed with the facility, state of the art equipment, and quality of care received there. My husband's Xray showed fluid on the lungs and he received antibiotic and diuretic . The cost was less than I expected. We had purchased the trip insurance, so it will be covered anyway.

The food in the café was excellent, with many food stations and a great variety. I do miss the trays that Celebrity used to have. The main dining room Epernay was hit or miss with the food. Some was to die for and some was just so-so. Service was great and we enjoyed interaction with our servers. We More had a table for 10 and enjoyed our dining companions. I agree with the reviewer who thought the Americas Cup theme was a misnomer. We did view the two races they had on Sunday in SF. It was very exciting to see, but that was all. There was very little information about it and no enrichment lectures. I'm not a racing enthusiast, but would have liked to learn something about it. The ports along the coast of CA were beautiful. We live in CA so didn't need to book excursions or plan too much adventure ashore. Tendering was an adventure in Monterey, but Mother Nature sometimes just doesn't cooperate.

Ensenada to the border was horrendous. My husband is diabetic, so 8 hours without food was concerning. Bus toilets were fllthy or nonworking. Many passengers missed their flights from San Diego. We barely made ours. Will not debark in Ensenada ever again. Just not an option. Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>