Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by spicegyrl49: Our family's fantastic Voyage!

spicegyrl49
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 6.0

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Our family's fantastic Voyage!

Sail Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Here is my tale of a fabulous voyage from the perspective of a Midwesterner. First off, this was my entire family's first cruise and we made a game plan. We flew in from Oklahoma city on the 20th and stayed at the Marriott World Resort Center in Orlando. On the 21st we went to WDW and shut the park down. There were 2 little girls with our family ages 2 and 5 so this was a must do. Needless to say they had a blast!!!

The following day was Sunday the 22nd, our embarkation. It was all very surreal. Getting to the port we rented a car and dropped it off at the rental car place that in turn had a shuttle for us to the port. Very inexpensive. We did all our online pre boarding and printed all the documents we needed and gathered all documents for travel, so getting through all the lines was smooth and easy! I was in awe as we boarded the Freedom of the Seas!! This is a beautiful ship. I had read some earlier reviews months ago, so I thought that I was going to be disappointed, but More not so.The day we had on Coco Cay was great, lots to do. We did not book any shore excursions, just let the day play out and had a great time doing so on all port stops. St Maarten was beautiful as were all the stops. Did some light shopping and found some great deals on jewelry in St Thomas.

Our cabin was just right for 3 people, I would not try for 4 in a cabin unless they are children. Oh and the dining was wonderful, we made use of the Windjammer and Dined in the Main dining room for all but two of our meals. Chops was the Bomb, and worth every penny!!! The little girls made so many friends at the Ocean Adventure kids club and asked to go which was great, we didnt feel like we forced them to go. My oldest son did Karaoke every night and was just such the social man about town! I got to have a spa day all to myself and I tell you, if its in your budget do it. I was so impressed with the level of service on this ship, I cant say enough about it. The Ice show and the other shows are not to be missed. Our Cruise Director was fabulous. I hope that we get him when we cruise again. All in all everything was great and I cant wait to go again. We were happy with everything we got to do on our Cruise. I could go on and on, we did so much and had so many activities, but I will end my tale for now. See you soon Freedom!!! Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>