Golden Princess Cruise Review by beshears: First time on Golden Princess, and first time for a short cruise

beshears
Member Since 2006
2,088 Posts

Cabin Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Golden Princess USA Cruises

First time on Golden Princess, and first time for a short cruise

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: USA
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We flew into Los Angeles LAX Airport from Kansas City, Missouri, which is about a 3 1/2 hour flight. We knew we might have to wait at the airport, as we didn't want to miss the ship, so we flew in early. I had worked with a TA here in Kansas City, and she got our transfers through Princess and they were waiting ffor us when we arrived. Checking in and out of the cruise ship was very quick. If you go on line and put all your information in that Princess request, as well as your flight information, (if you are NOT booking your flight through Princess), they you should have quick check in, as we did.

I don't believe "Muster Drill" is the correct name, but it is the one you do to make sure you know what to do, if there would be trouble on the cruise and you would need your life jacket. This was the first time in all my cruises of 20 years that I have not had to go outside. We went to the theatre, and it was so nice not to be blow away or hot, while they were giving us More instructions, in case of an emergency.

The International Cafe is very nice. They generally change the items at least (they are open 24 horus) 3 tunes a day. Very good items to choose from. We ate in the Traditional Dining room with a large table of 8, and it turned out great. Our server Michelle and her helper were very good too. We tried the alfreda fettuccine that was recommended, but since it was an appetizer, it did not come in a basket, as I had read before. All our meals there seemed to be good. The Horizon Court where the buffet is, was alright for anytime, day or night we went to get something to eat. They had a Mexican fest one day, but I don't think it was worth checking out or eating.

One bad thing I noticed on different decks where I went to the ladies restrooms, there was always one or more restrooms out of order. When you only have 3 (one for handicap), it makes it bad. Less

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review >>

This was my 2nd time to Catalina Island. It is always beautiful to see. We took a golf cart ride with another couple we met, and had a great time. Lots of shops etc. to see also. We seen Wrigleys home up in the hlls or mountains. very beautiful up in that area.

This was my 2nd time to Ensenada. We did a lot of walking there, and did some "bargaining" on jewelry, etc. We then hired a Taxi to take us up to the mountains for the beautiful view.

Read 245 Ensenada Reviews