Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by WashingtonNana

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by WashingtonNana
Freedom of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Member Name: WashingtonNana
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Shore Excursions 5+

First Time on Freedom of the Seas

My husband, daughter and family and myself left Washington State the day before our cruise. We booked 2 rooms at the Embassy Suites at the airport. There was confusion on the meeting place for the hotel shuttle when we arrived at the airport, but we finally connected and went to the hotel. We had nice rooms and a good hot breakfast the next morning.

I booked Ace Luxury Transportation out of Orlando (407-292-4444) they were great. They arrived in a roomy 9 passenger van. The driver was very helpful and we had a pleasant drive of around 45 minutes to Port Canaveral. Since Ace was picking us up when our cruise was over, our driver instructed us on where to wait and call for him when we had our luggage. It all went very smoothly. I can recommend this service highly!!!!

We arrive at Port Canaveral around noon and took about a half hour to complete our check in.

The ship is very big and was clean. We booked a Jr. Suite on the 9th deck. I loved our cabin and our room attendant Martha. Was our first time in a Jr. Suite and it was impressive. My favorite thing was our large walk in closet. We had empty shelves. Lots of storage. The bed was very comfortable. I would advise to take a power strip with you as there is only one plug with two places to plug in something. We brought one for our electronics that needed charging.

The staff was friendly and would say hello in passing.

The food in the main dining room was just ok. The deserts were not very good. The service was also slow. But our assistant waiter Karen was a gem.

The Promenade deck was beautiful and reminded me of a Vegas street. They had a good pizza place and a deli that served great cookies and small sandwiches.

We ate breakfast and most lunches in the Windjammer buffet. It was pretty good.

We did two ship excursions. In Falmouth we did an old sugar plantation that my husband and I enjoyed. And my favorite excursion was in George Town when we went to Stingray City and snorkeled a reef. I'm not fond of water and I debated if I would get in, but the water was only around 4 feet deep on a sandbar. I'm so glad that I did!! My husband snorkeled for the first time.

This was our first cruise with Royal Caribbean and it was a nice time. It was a memory maker

Publication Date: 10/08/13