Allure of the Seas 5

“It does not get any better than this..”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas

ILoveJamaica2008
Member Since 2012
8 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

After sailing the sister ship, the Oasis, we were set on our cabin category and specifically the cabin. Believe it or not, we sailed the same cabin. Some sail for itinerary, some for food, some just for the ship. It was the "just for the ship" for us. To say that this is a one of a kind (as well as the Oasis) would be an understatement. The ships size, decor and ammentities were outstanding as well as our cabin. WE always sail in a suite and this ship has some increadable ones. We sailed in a loft suite on the 17th deck. The cabin was huge (to RCCL standards) and even had 2 full bathrooms. The master bath on the upper deck had a shower for 2 with a rain ceiling!

Although going in, we knew that the dinning room food was average at best, the specialty restaurants were spectacular. You need a 2 week cruise to sample all of them. The highlight was the chefs table. It was a private dinner for 14 with a special menu prepared for just us. I would rate the dinning room food at a 5 More out of 10. I would rate the specialty restaurants a 9.5 out of 10.

The overall service was also a 9 out of 10. The shows (except Chicago) were spectacular. Chicago was booring.

It pays to buy a suite as the level of service and ammentities are far above the non suite categories. We had reserved seating at all of the shows, and our "gold" sail pass card seemed to "open doors".

I have already rebooked this ship for March with my entire family. I can't wait! Less

Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: September 2013
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

Please see note above regarding the cabin

Published 10/08/13

Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review

Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?