Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by RDaniel1981

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by RDaniel1981
Carnival Fascination
Spa & Fitness 5+
        Under 3 1.0
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Wonderful Cruise

Went with my wife and 17 month old son. Everyone was wonderful on the ship. There was lots of fun things to do. I believe my son was a bit to young but he still had a great time. I would highly recommend this cruise to everyone. The staff exceeded my expectation and were all so nice. The two port we stopped at were freeport and nassau. I was not very impressed with either port, but being the first time there we didn't really know what to expect. Freeport had several shopping places but other than that was kinda dull. Nassau has Atlantas but everything in Atlantas is very expensive. The beach in Nassau was beautiful but the water was very rough and you could not swim. The shops and downtown area were very nice. The cruise ship has a shopping expert named Erma was directs you to go to Diamond international was I was not impressed with. Im sure the cruise ship gets paid to tell you how awesome it is.

The food on the ship was ok at best. The buffet was not good, the grill was ok and the formal dinners were good, overall an ok review. I got food poising at some point on the ship, I'm thinking probably from the Mongolian wok, so be very cautious of what you eat. There are lots of options. We spent less than $1000.00 for the entire cruise which was a bargain. Bang for your buck it is way better than any other vacation we could take. We stayed in the cheapest room available and loved it. I don't see the point in upgrading to a better room as everything was easily accessible from there. There was very little wait time no matter what you were doing. The pool area stayed very crowed during the day but kid friendly area was not as crowed and we loved playing there.

Overall a very good experience other than getting sick. Remember to bring a night worth of formal attire and be careful what you eat. I will be going back on Carnival again. We also did the faster to the fun which was well worth the $50. We got to be one of the first people on and off the ship. There was no wait at all either time.

Publication Date: 10/08/13