Westerdam Cruise Review by stephen phillips: Westerdam - Eastern Caribbean

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Westerdam Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Westerdam - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2006

First time on HAL but cruised many times on other lines embarkation 1st class best so far cabin and ambience also 1st class food although very good was a bit bland. needed something but cannot put finger on what. Disgusted that you received an 'invitation' to dine at the pinnacle grill and then found you had to pay $30 per person for the privilege. Hey! the food is already paid for. I can understand a small cover charge but $30 No way. Why did the ship allow people to smoke? This should have been on outside decks only (although I would have preferred nowhere)It was impossible to go into the casino through the fog and the same applied in the piano bar. The price of Photos was also a disgrace. $21 for 1 photo.????? people must have more money than sense. I wanted to purchase 5 photos. I offered them $60 for the 5 and they refused. so I did not buy any and put them in the bin. Fat lot they know about sales and marketing. However overall I was extremely satisfied and happy with the cruise More and would have no hesitation in using HAl again.

I also met a number of Cruise critic members and found them very friendly including the man with all the slippers who invited us in for a drink. Less

Published 11/11/06