Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Tracylee01: Overall had a great time

Tracylee01
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Voyager of the Seas Asia Cruises

Overall had a great time

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Beijing

Hi thought I would share some of my experiences as I have just returned from a 12 night cruise on the Voyager of the seas. The staff were very friendly. The food in the main dining room was ok, but not up restaurant standards. It was mass produced food. I was surprised to see how many recipes they got wrong. I would have thought they would have a top world chef researching this. On the up side you could order as much as you like and if you didn't like your meal there was no trouble in getting a new one. The staff couldn't do enough for you.

The activities on the ship in the main were good. Although I thought they didn't need a skate track and an ice rink. After all how many people can skate and to have two activities that only cater for these people seemed a bit unfair. The Amusement arcade was good, but no one used it and I think this is because it was to difficult to use as you had to have American dollars and exchange them in a machine and as the ship is a cashless society More no one carries cash.

The overall appearance of the ship was a little tired, seemed to have lost its sparkle. Looked like they were struggling. But on reflection the ship is going in for a refit soon and all the money is probably getting spent on their new ship. Probably the most disappointing for me was the day spa. We did the right thing we thought by booking on line before we went, only to find out that they had specials on the ship. The towel I had was so ripped that my partner said at the end my arm was through the rip, and I could feel my toes also getting caught in holes. This made me look at my partners towel which wasn't as bad but was also fraying. Then at the end they spend about 10 mins trying to sell us something. The massage wasn't that good. There was no music, no herbal tea. For $330 I expect to be made feel special. The wine package was good and you can take what you don't finish at dinner to any of the bars or to your room or they will keep it for you for the next night. The organisation for getting on and off the ship was fantastic. And the welcome we got at the ports was excellent and very well set up. There was only one port where there was few problems but they had never had a ship dock before so I am sure they will get it right next time. The ship excursion's are very expensive. We joined a group on Cruise Critic and got excursions much cheaper. Also Most ports have free transport or taxis which is much cheaper. We felt and so did others that they were trying to get money out of you where ever they could. I guess it is a business after all...

Over all we had a great time. I would highly recommend a cruise if you love food, enjoy a relaxing holiday or are elderly or have trouble getting around.

Tracy Less