Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by ladeep0110

Carnival Breeze
Carnival Breeze
Member Name: ladeep0110
Cruise Date: August 2013

Breeze...more like torment on the seas

Embarkation: This part was mostly a breeze, as Diamond members, we went into the lounge and waited for our names. The dysfunction was that they had the oldest woman in the world calling names at a whisper and many folks talking couldn't hear her. They should havea microphone system for her.

The ship and room:

Decor was refreshingly new and different for the improved look Carnival is after, althought I loved the bedazzled look. Day one, we were excited and happy, by day three we were in miserable hell. What can only be described as a nightmare of a vacation from beginning to end. When we arrived on board, we learned our onboard credit wasn't split on each account after a cruise overpayment and we had a difficult time using it in the funshops because they couldn't split transactions. After several complaints, getting angry enough to yell the guest service supervisor magically got it transferred on Friday night @ 6:30pm. Next issue was the cleanliness of the stateroom. Our super friendly but very lazy attendant didn't take glasses away that had been sitting three days, cookie crumbs on the floor three days which means the floor didn't get vacuumed, filthy stains on washcloths, hole and stained sheets that never got changed the entire trip and overall a dirty cabin. Next issue, our shower had sitting water the entire trip, after ever shower it sat at least 30 minutes post shower before going down which means we stepped in one anothers shower water. Our toilet was broken and had to fixed by maintenance three separate times, the first time on Tuesday we waited an hour for him to come, couldn't use our bath and missed breakfast waiting, it wasn't until we got irate that he showed up an hour later. After three failed attempts to repair the flush valve, it still wasn't working properly this morning and to think someone went in our cabin 8340 the same day we left the boat, sad. Next the air conditioning broke down on Monday on the whole boat and it was evident it wasn't working. After calling again about it on Wednesday we were told the eighth floor was out, but being repaired. On Thursday late around 1am, we woke up soaking wet and called downstairs and they sent maintenance up to the floor again to repair. We know these issues weren't "isolated incidents" because another guest at the service desk on Tuesday was fuming and had the same toilet issues in their room but had been waiting four hours for maintenance to show up. On Friday morning, we asked our neighbors about their a/c and they'd experienced the same heat issues which alludes to a floor issue not a cabin issue. Unacceptable conditions for a $2000 cruise. I am shocked that a brand new boat is being so poorly maintained. I was also displeased with the man at Pizza Pirate, a bad attitude and the supervisors walk around with superior attitudes, never greeting guests but instead giving nasty looks. I was planning to book on this ship for an October 2013 cruise, but after such a horrible experience, I can't imagine giving Carnival another dime. The boat is beautiful on the surface and the Breeze Blush dining room staff were great, specifically Ratu, Inyoman along with the Maitre D, but overall I'm disheartened and even after expressing complaints to guest services, the only service recovery was a half hearted "sorry".

Islands:

Key West was simply lovely despite the rain. We took the trolley tour around the island, stopping several times along the way. Had to stop into the Coach Factory, Kermits (yum) and Peppers of Key West.

Turks & Caicos reminded me of a cross between Freeport and Dominica. There's not much to do, but what a lovely island to just lounge on the beach and enjoy the gorgeous water. There's nice souveneir shopping right off of the boat.

Nassau hasn't changed too much, we've been over a dozen times so we know the roads like it were our hometown, always have to stop into the Tortuga store for a rum cake or two.

Overall:

I would absolutely never recommend this particular boat to anyone. The positive highlights were the delicious food choices such as Guys Burgers and the BBQ on C Days spot, how I wish it was open daily. The shakes at the marketplace were good and the taste bar was as well. Activities were ample and nice. They need to police the casino smoking, not everyone wants to endure smoking while gambling or simply sitting near the casino and reconsider smoking on the balconies. I don't want to come outside onto my balcony to my neighbor whose a chain smoker, I don't want second hand smoking lung cancer. Perhaps they can make portions of the decks or floors non-smoking or smoking only. Carnival has lost a few loyal fans, eight of us to be exact.

Publication Date: 10/02/13