Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Nova rose: Room for improvement

Nova rose
Member Since 2011

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Canada & New England Cruises

Room for improvement

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Quebec City

We choose this cruise because if the itinery and we were not disappointed with the places we visited.

The embarkation was fantastic with quick friendly service. The veranda cabin was typical with cheap chairs and table on the balcony. The bathroom toilettes were non existent. You would getter soap at a Super 8 motel. The lovely shampoo pump in the shower goes to show how they are cutting corners.

The entertainment in the lounges were very good. The Palace not so good with all the song and dance stuff. The cruise was a bit of a pain by constantly trying to upsell you on the casino and other venues. I guess that's part of his job.

Now the dining room. This is definitely a 2.5 star restaurant. Poor quality and the selection could do with a refresh. The waitstaff were fantastic and must be embarrassed to serve these meals. I have noticed over the years there is a definite cut back on services and a strong effort to move you into the "For Pay" speciality More restaurants.

I was amazed to see how poorly some people dressed when going into the dining room. Why they are allowed in dressed in jeans and T shirts is beyond me

Overall it was a good holiday but in future I will spend the extra few dollars and go with a better quality cruise line. In fairness I guess you can't expect them to provide a 5 star cruise for a 3 star price. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>