Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by LaBrava03

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by LaBrava03
Member Name: LaBrava03
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
See More About: Carnival Splendor Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        Under 3 6.0
        3-6 6.0

Carnival Splendor

Embarkation: The process was very smooth very little delay in trying to check in. It would be helpful to have carnival employees located outside where you check in your luggage to help facilitate in starting the process.

Decor: The cruise ship was fairly well kept, but the theme on the ship could use an update, your vision is flooded with a pepto bismol color pink. The layout of the ship could have been more well thought out in terms of location of lounges, dining rooms. The overall flow of the layout can be troublesome to navigate on the first few days on the boat.

Customer service: The dining crew we had at the 6:00pm dinner was very nice, friendly, and helpful with many of the requests of the people in my party. Everyone we needed assitance from was very helpful and knowledgable of the ship. The room steward I had was average, not very chatty but did not fall short with any of the requests from the occupants in my room.

Camp Carnival: For any parents with children of the ages between 2-5 I recommend using this FREE service. My 5 year old son LOVED this so much that he wanted to go everyday all day if I allowed him too. They do so many different activites, all age approriate. They provide you with a phone in case of emergencies or if you're running late you can call them. Caution: If you lose the phone they charge you approximately $150 for the replacement. ($100 for the phone and $50 for the charger).

Food: The food at the dinner was good, but after a few days of it, I had began to grow tired of it. Some nights I would order a burger just to eat something, but I didnt really want to eat. Many people in my party they enjoyed the seafood that was served each night. The food served at lunch left much to be desired. I often found that the food was over salted or to sweet. I think it would serve them better to leave french fries unsalted and to let the individuals add salt to their liking. I would also suggest diluting the juices served in the morning due to them having so much sugar in them, the juices were extremely sweet at times. Some of the other breakfast items were good (pancakes, french toast, fruit, cereal). I did want to stop and eat at the steakhouse on board the ship but I did not make it while on this cruise.

Entertainment: There were plenty of events going on during my time on the cruise. Carnival tries to have several different options available for those to go and enjoy themselves. The clubs were good, as well as the music, the ambiance was also enjoyable. The arcade for the kids was small but still was fun and entertaining. The casino was small and overcrowded for such a large ship. For those who don't smoke might find the second hand smoke to be unbearable around. The area could use better ventilation to help with the amount of smoke that was present. Pictures: Carnivals photographers took great pics but the prices to buy the pictures could use some readjustment. They dont offer package deals, the prices are only for individual pictures and they are quite expensive. I suggest getting a few of the pictures as great keepsakes. They have stations for group pictures alond the entire Deck 5 and each photographer will try to get you to take a picture at their station.

Publication Date: 10/02/13