Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by KingRich16: Great Cruize and Helpful tips for future Allure Cruizers!
Overall Member Rating
Great Cruize and Helpful tips for future Allure Cruizers!
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
Overall, great cruise! The 6000 passengers and 2200 staff does not make it feel overcrowded because of its well designed 7 different neighborhoods! This cruise is a must do!
Positive Comments and Tips:
- The staff are amazing; genuinely friendly and they do not search out or imply for tips! Always happy and helpful.
- The secret balconies on deck 14; front portside entrance and on deck 11 and 12 back of boat are worth the visits. If you cant get a good seat for Oceanaria, go to deck 11 or 12 and those balconies are perfect to watch from.
- Rent a scooter on Cozumel Mexcio; its the best way and cheapest way to see the entire island and swim at any beach you want! Its safe too! Take your snorkel gear with you because there is many open beaches with coral to go snorkeling wherever you want on the other side of the island...20-30 min drive!
-Get your "recommended gratuities" reversed; you don't have to pay it and use cash to tip the staff you More enjoy!
-Get to port everglades early; like 11-12, you need that whole day just to orientate yourself to the boat!
- The dining room is Great! No need to spend a lot at the paid restaurants unless you really want to. The dinner room has 3 course meals every night and with new items every night with some constant choices. You can eat as much as you like. The food and presentation is high quality with exceptional service.
- if it's your birthday, anniversary, honeymoon or any other special occasion, let guest services know and you might get something complimentary. We got a bottle of wine for a birthday.
- Its much easier to win at poker on cruise casinos than at land casinos; everyone is happy, eager to spend money, inexperienced and impatient because they have other appointments to attend on this vast ship! So if you have some skills at texas holdem, you might win yourself a free cruise and a $1000 entry seat to Oasis' big poker tourney next December...if I can do it, so can you!
- Get an Ocean Balcony! But I warn you, once you go ocean balcony, you cant go back! Avoid inside balconies; they are a waste of money! Its very noisy from the activities below and pool deck above and they have no good views...you only see other people sitting on balconies across from you!
-Orange Juice, apple juice, and etc. are free at breakfast but not afterwards, so order many glasses of your favorites from room service during the morning everyday and keep them in your fridge to last the rest of the day! and get your room steward to keep you stocked up on ice everyday! And if you have a balcony...order room service for breakfast, snacks or lunch...its amazing to eat on the balcony and the food options are pretty good for room service!
- Reserve your shows before you board or on day 1; they book up fast. But if not, go 10 minutes before a show starts because about 70% of people don't show for their reservations and all reservations are cleared 10 minutes before a showtime!
-150 Central Park restaurant is worth the $40 per person!
Negative Comments and helpful tips:
- Internet is $30/hr onboard or $180 for the week. And there's no internet in Haiti, limited/poor internet in Jamaica for $10 and free wifi in Cozumel but a long ways away from the boat. Also, to use a phone onship is $7/min to call home. So get all your communications sorted out prior to boarding unless you want to pay a lot! Or if you need internet...pay the $180 for the week because its a pain in the ass searching for free wifi at ports! I wasted a lot of time in the hot sun!
- No cold water in the showers. The coldest temperature is very warm, so WHEN you get a sunburn, its painful to have a shower!
-Very hot weather; bring lots of sun block and aloe vera! The ship has some but it's expensive! You can always buy some outside of the port tourist areas in Jamaica and mexico for a good price.
- The Flow riders have long line ups, so come during opening hours and closing hours each day and also come while the masses are in port! Its very difficult at first, but keep practicing and by the end, you will be carving back and forth and lasting longer than 10 seconds!
- some bars charge extra to make your cocktails "frozen"...aka adding pureed ice! Ask to have this added with no extra cost!
- Food times from between breakfast and lunch and then lunch and dinner change a lot for some free venues and there's very few places open between meal times. Check your daily cruise compass (ship itinerary) every morning for times to get food at your favorite places. Because during odd hours, there is not much to choose from!
-Not much to do in Jamaica, so try to do some fun things onboard with a lot less line ups that day. Haiti is not real Haiti, its a private American amusement park completely segregated from the rest of Haiti. Mexico port is good!
-The pictures are expensive! They take great photos and prints of you everywhere and especially during formal nights but expect to pay about $200 minimum if you want to take any home! So if you have a great camera, take your own fabulous shots!
- You cant do the rock wall or zip line with wet clothes and without socks, so plan to do those first then head for the pool! Less
Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>
RCI comes off as only caring a...
Great for Teenagers; Didn't li...
Too Much that Is Not Good (Dir...
Very new experience for old sa...