Ryndam Cruise Review by Jonathon: Worst Cruise - EVER! The Ship is a disgrace

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Greece
Embarkation: Athens (Piraeus)

MS Ryndam Holland America Line 23 September 2013 Cruise

Stateroom dirty, on arrival hair in the bath & sink and surrounding areas had not been cleaned in sometime we ended up having to clean before we departed.

The toilet was blocked for 4 days (out of 7), we had to wait 5 hours one day for a maintenance person to arrive, rest of the days it was between 2-4 hours.

The food choice is extremely limited and looks like its been sitting for days they close the stations 30-45mins before official time - service is generally very, very poor and no one appears to be prepared to listen and/or address the situation.

We embrace different nationalities as I believe this brings great insight to other cultures etc, however, given the 'spoken' language of the ship is English/Dutch, it is not unreasonable to expect the front office (if you can get through, typically the line just rings out) to be able to converse in English (our native tongue), it is almost More impossible to be understood, unless you speak with one of the Dutch crew, and then you have to wait for a call back (which typically doesn’t happen and you have to chase, again and again.

We asked for an action to be undertaken by the front office (after being unable to reach them by telephone - again, just rings out - we had to visit the desk) that blatantly was not done and when I asked why it had not been done it was implied I was lying, as there was no record of my request. Even though I had the name of the person I spoke with and the date/time of the request.

The dining room is chaos and orders are delivered in the wrong order and/or delayed and your dinner companion ends up eating at a different times.

The Breakfast and Lunchtime Lido 'Restaurant' serves (if you can get served) same food (looks like slop) everyday, the staff look bored and are disinterested when you ask for assistance.

We have been on 20 cruises and have never experienced anything like this.

The Ship’s CAPTAIN (who I hold ultimately responsible) and the Senior Staff should be fired and replaced with a crew that wishes to address these issues and ensure patrons have an enjoyable cruise.

This ship is a DISGRACE AVOID AT ALL COSTS