Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by arny

Member Name: arny
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Sapphire Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Don't understand negative reviews!

I have taken ten cruises on eight different ships and 6 different lines and I can say that the staff on a recent Sapphire Princess cruise to Alaska was the most efficient and courteous I have experienced to date. The ship was spotless, the cabin clean and well maintained, and the cabin steward outstanding, as were every one of the dining room staff that we had contact with. The food, while not the best we have ever had was very good nonetheless. Disembarkation in Vancouver was the most relaxing and stress free we have ever experienced and the one problem we had in regards to faulty bookkeeping & billing was resolved immediately and efficiently. it has been our experience that Buffets are always a problematic experience on every ship but on the Sapphire we were always able to immediately get a table, were constantly attended to by the serving staff, and never experienced the kind of crowding, noise, and anxiety levels that we have had in buffets on other ships.The only substantive complaint we have is that the entertainment in the theatre and throughout the other venues was substandard and a real disappointment.

I have trouble understanding some of the complaints I have read regarding the staff but as a former tour guide I know that there are those that seem to obtain some sort of satisfaction from complaining about any experiences they have and/or in finding fault where none really exists. My wife (who was a travel consultant for twenty-five years) and I have travelled extensively and have always found that with rare exceptions if you treat service staff with respect and courtesy you will receive the same in return. Treat them condescendingly and rudely and you might not get quite the level of service you would otherwise. Some travelers never seem to learn this lesson.

Ray & Judy Arnold