Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by ropd184

Cruise Date: November 2006
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 4B
Cabin Number: M220
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Ecstasy - Western Caribbean
Hello...we are James and Jennifer Gray from Ft Worth TX. This was my second cruise, first on Ecstasy, second with Carnival. This was my wife's third, second on Ecstasy, third with Carnival.

Day one....

Day one actually started out the day BEFORE the cruise...Friday..we went to Conroe to spend the nght with Jenns Grandmother...went to bed..and woke up Saturday morning

Day Two...

We woke up around eight am to find out there was a major accident that had the whole interstate closed,and they were diverting traffic off the main lanes onto the feeder road....well..we decided to go ahead and go for it...so we did..and left conroe about 830 in the morning. now understand that the drive from conroe to galveston is an hour and a half....keep that in mind....we got to the accident and were stopped for about 30 minutes before we were diverted around..no biggie right???? well the worst was yet to come...See i hadnt remembered that there was a major motorcycle ralley in galveston that weekend....and they were planning on having 300000 motorcycles ON the island..wow...well they were all on the interstate driving south like we were. well.....about 25 miles north of galveston on the interstate,.....traffic stopped....I mean stopped...we traveled 3 miles in two hours....at this point, we were still 20 miles out, but it was 1200 noon...and i was waaaay nervous...and there was no way outta the traffic...FINALLY, we got around the blockage (road construction that had the whole freeway down to two lanes) and made it into Galveston around 1245, onto the ship around 130....no problems.

once on the ship, we went straight to the room (Interior main deck Room M220). very nice room for the money, the room had two uppers and two lowers (lowers converted into a king), we dropped everything off and went to look around.

Very nice ship, plenty of room, plenty of different venues. We were very pleased with the layout and the orginization of the ship. We bought two of the Soda cards, and started saturating ourselves with cocacola products....yumm yumm. We went to the lifeboat drill which was VERY much better than on the conqust...your muster stations on the Ecstasy on actually in the different lounges and bars, we never had to go out to the actual life boats. I thought that was nice.

We then hung out for a while until it was time to go to dinner. We had the late seating in the windsong dining room. Our servers were AWESOME. They introduced them selves to us as batman and robin. and thats what we called them the whole trip. The food in the dining room was completely awesome. It was some of the best food I have ever eaten. After dinner, we walked around and went to the casino. that whas when I found outthat Cesar...(the best blackjack dealer ever), whom we had on the Conquest in May, was on Ecstasy now. He was excited to see us, and we were VERY excited to see him. The cruise director was named Stuart Dunn, Hes an Aussie and was on the Ecstasy last time my wife went on here in may of 05. He is the best cruise director ever, and made the trip VERY FUN! He starts every announcment with " G'Day Yall"..he is just very personable and thats what makes him good. The rest of the night was pretty usual and nothing big happened, so now...day two.

Day Two: Sea Day

Well..day two was a normal sea day with normal sea day activities....EXCEPT that the waves were terrible. I am seriously telling you that these were some of the roughest waters this crew had even been through, and that comes from the crew, not me. everyone onboard was throwing up and in bed (except for me cause I dont get sick like that)...I pretty much spent most of my time (and money) in the casino. Jennifer stayed in the room most of the day until the casino's slot machine tourny started..which she didnt win..oh well...just added more money to the losers pot. LOL

Day Three: Cozumel

Not too much to say about this day..we didnt do a shore excursion so we could hang out around the bars and shops.we found this little store front bar that had a texas couple that were on the Carnival Glory....he was shouting out..."cold beer one dollar right here"...so I started helping him...we had the place packed...he and I were responsible for 55 beers being sold. Not to shabby. AND in return, we got our beer for free....I gotta findmore jobs like that....anyway..that pretty much sums up Cozumel

Day Four: Progreso

This is by far the best port I have ever vistited....very raw, REAL people. It is a fishing community and has not been influenced by american tourists yet...GREAT shopping, and eating...a few blocks from the downtown flea market (where the shuttle buses drop you off), right on Carona beach, is a nice little Mexican food place that serves the REAL THING...and its CHEAP...Jenn and I ate AND drank like kings for only 16 dollars....it is really a good place...we did some shopping and some walking, and then went back to the ship around 230 or so. and that sums up day four.

DAY FIVE: Sea Day Home

Just another normal sea day really...Spent most of time BACK in the casino....I lost a total of 240 dollars in the casino....but oh well..i also spent a lot of time in there.. it was a lot of fun. We did buy Jennifer the how to make the towel animals book, which she has already mastered MOST of them! HAHAHA!

Back In Galveston

We did the self assist debarkation which went SOOO much faster than letting them collect your bags the night before...(self assist is where YOU carry off all your bags yourself, MUCH FASTER PROCESS)...we were off the ship at 845 and in the car driving home by 940....VERY NICE!!! All in all we were VERY pleased. this ship was very nice and clean, the staff Extra personable and nice. I would be very interested in booking another cruise on this ship!

Well...I gotta go for now...hope you guys enjoyed this......hope we get to take another one REAL SOON!!! HAHAHA

Publication Date: 11/09/06