Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Bungee Bungalow

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Bungee Bungalow
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: Bungee Bungalow
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

First cruise

This was my first ever cruise and I quite enjoyed it. Embarkation from Barcelona was easy and it only took us ten minutes to get on the ship. Upon boarding, we got lunch from the Jadé/Windjammer buffet and enjoyed it well. Room on deck seven, shared with my sister and grandma, was a wee bit small, but in comparison, next door was my father and his second wife (born from his first wife, by the way), and their room was pretty cramped.

Sailing got a little bumpy.

There were some nice dinner options in the dining room. The food was a bit on the fancy side. Perhaps more so in Portofino, which is a premium restaurant, but I did not enjoy that place as much.

I ended up skipping dessert some nights to make sure I get to my activities at the 12-14 club on time (I am 13). Staff are very welcoming and the atmosphere in both teen venues were really cool. Activities ranged from "not my cup of tea" to "yes, this is my cup of Earl Gray and it is the best-made tea ever so don't touch it". Scratch DJ Academy was one of those in the latter. I did not win, but it was pretty fun. Parents, if you have teens, lose them for a bit; they may well have a blast! My sister was not so keen on Adventure Ocean's Voyagers programme, however.

Our steward was very friendly and was of major help, particularly when I got lost once.

Entertainment was OK but not brilliant. The stage shows were alright. Perhaps Saturday Night Fever is a bit OTT for a family audience, however. The parades and the sail-off party from Barcelona was just really cheesy, though. It was terrible.

The pub is good in the evening for a drink (be it a beer for dad or a soda for me) and to socialise with the rest of your party. Dallas, the guitarist, was also good, but he played the same songs each night.

Speaking of soda, get the soda package. It is so much cheaper than just ordering a Coke without it. I know because I saw the prices.

RC have a good taste in film too; The Social Network on the movie channel was pretty good from what I saw.

The cabin was two decks above the promenade, and since it was on that side, Nan sometimes had difficulty sleeping.

Pisa On Your Own was an alright excursion. Be sure to take a cheesy photo holding the tower whilst you're at it!

I particularly liked Villefranche for some reason, but I don't understand why. Make sure you visit the town anyway. Remember, its just a tender boat away.

Overall: not bad at all.

Publication Date: 09/29/13