Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by GDanishSpots1

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by GDanishSpots1
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: GDanishSpots1
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Asia
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Disappointed

My husband and I wanted to see Southeast Asia. Several of our friends had told us how great Celebrity was so we decided to try it as our favorite cruise line (Carnival) does not go there. We always book through the cruise line our cruise and air and have always been very happy. This time, not so much. We flew over on Cathey Pacific and found better service and food at McDonalds. Not the airlines fault, but a screaming child right behind you for 10 hours didn't help either. Hubby was ready to give up his ice cream to get it to be quiet. The ice cream was the only part of the meals that was worth eating, and I didn't need the sugar. Ok, lay-over in Hong Kong was great and arriving in Singapore was fantastic! Picked up and taken to the ship and had a great tour guide.

Loved Singapore and could have stayed there for several days. Our port in Singapore was awesome and we had a great view from our ship. We had a Spa Suite which was small but it was nice to have flavored water brought to use everyday and bottled water. We also had free access to the Parisan Garden Spa area which was awesome. The shower in the bathroom was so small that I left the curtain open so I could move my arms. Found it easier to wash my hair at the Perisan Garden's shower. The Blu Resturant was provided as our eating area and I really wish we would have gone to the main dining room. It was awful! The waiters didn't care if they waited on you or not and would stand around and talk against the wall. Food was just below ok and service was worse. The pool was very nice and so was the gym. We ate at the buffet a lot and the food was good and they had a very nice selection. The wait people we not overly friendly or welcoming. They did their job and that was it. We always make friends with at least one employee on a cruise and at the end give them all they stuff we don't want to lug home and I double tip, but not on this cruise. The ports were awesome and there were the right amount of sea days so you are not overwhelmed. I fell in love with Komodo Island and the dragons. They had a great personality when we were there and worth the whole trip. We would go back in a heartbeat, but not on Celebrity.

Publication Date: 09/29/13