Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by sonvoltken6

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by sonvoltken6
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: sonvoltken6
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Great Little Cruise for Newbies and Vets Alike

About our party - myself, DW, DS - all Diamond Plus, as well as my son's GF, first timer and my wife's sister, who has been a couple times. This was a belated 25th anniversary trip for my wife and I. Our DD was to go but had to go to TX for a training trip.

Before the trip, we contracted the concierge about securing a Cabana on Coco Cay. Iryna responded right away and was able to get us a cabana. I was glad we didn't have to get to the port super early to put our name in. More on the Cabana later.

We had a great experience. We ate at Chops the first night, and were able to use two coupons from the book for free dinners. So 5 of us ate there for $90. Was definitely worth it. This to me was one of the big upgrades from Monarch - having a great specialty restaurant like Chops. The food and service were wonderful. We ate at the MDR the other two evenings and it was good. Our waiter had a 12 top that must have been on MTD, because they came in around 6:15 which meant he was trying to serve their dinner when we were ready for desert. However the assistant waiter and the head waiter did an awesome job of taking care of us.

We did breakfasts in WJ, as well as lunch on Nassau day. It was fine, and no better or worse than normal. We didn't ever have trouble finding seats though my SIL had some issues on Coco Cay morning. Not sure why they only have one Freestyle coke machine in WJ but it was never too busy.

We spent quite a bit of time all 3 days in the Solarium. This too is another great addition. I noticed they put a Park Cafe in the solarium. Seems like it was never opened when we were there though.

The entertainment was pretty good. They had an excellent comedian the first night, as well as the last night. And thanks Marc Walker - the "late" show was at 10:15. I had to get up early Monday and drive to work and I was not doing a midnight show. The magic act was good as well - very entertaining. The last night was the production show and it was not very good. Imagine 5 totally unrelated Broadway plays all put in one show. Add to that the fact we have seen it quite a few times, and it was a painful 45 minutes.

They are adding new trivia and game shows, which I like. Love and Marriage was great, due mostly to the newlywed man. Best quote - I don't cook, that's why I got married. I think he was putting us on. But it was quite good.

Getting off the ship was a breeze. All in all I am super happy that the Enchantment is making the 3 night runs from PC. Will be scheduling a couple for next year.

Publication Date: 09/29/13