Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by pam4185: RCI has upped their game!

pam4185
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Grandeur of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

RCI has upped their game!

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Other

I have been cruising for over 40 years, RCI ten years ago and previously found their ships just mediocre. The last week of August I took my daughter on a one week to Bermuda from Baltimore on Grandeur of the Seas. I was very pleasantly surprised!

EMBARKATION- The access, parking and entry to the ship was a breeze. Easy, close parking just $15 per day- well worth it! We arrived at noon, parked, were on the ship by 12:30, had lunch and were off that afternoon.

STAFF- The staff on this ship seem very pleased to work there. After discussions with dining room wait staff, our room steward and the activities staff, I found they all love working this ship. The staff make all the difference in the atmosphere and service level. The service level was excellent!

FOOD- There are 3 dining options on the GOTS.

Main Dining Room- food was very good with plenty of variety each night. Service was excellent!

Buffet- this is an option for all meals. The quality More and variety was surprisingly good. The buffet evening meal includes 3-4 of the same entrees being served in the dining room. The lunch always has every good hamburgers and a wide variety of other items.

The Café at the adult solarium- This is an off hours and late night option with very good salads, hand made sandwiches to order and good drinks all the time.

Oh, yah, there is a 4th option, room service free 6am-midnight!

There were never any lines or wait for seating at any dining venue, an unexpected pleasant surprise.

ROOMS- We had an interior room on the 7th floor. That allowed us to go 2 up or 2 down to most activities. For 7 days an interior room works just fine. One caution,,,, be SURE to bring a plug in night light. The light in the bathroom is too bright to leave on all night and it is dead dark when trying to find the toilet in mid night. I will always bring a night light in the future. Our steward was very helpful and a true gentleman to 2 ladies traveling alone.

FAVORITE LOCATION- The bar/lounge on the 11th (top) floor is empty all day until about 4PM. There are very comfy chairs and couches with a panoramic view of the ocean. Perfect quiet place to read a good book or watch the belly flop contest in the pool 2 stories below!

All in all I would highly recommend this ship and 7 day cruise to Bermuda. Equally fun for singles, couples and families. Bermuda was great fun on my 4th trip there and will always love it. I would not go again in August, it was hot! Locals said the nicest weather month is May-June.

Two people, 7 day vacation, all inclusive (transportation, food, room, tips, parking, activities) Less than $1800! Can't beat that! Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>