Carnival Dream Cruise Review by tikigal: Service was very good, clientele not so hot

tikigal
Member Since 2004

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Service was very good, clientele not so hot

Sail Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Other

If you enjoy break dancing shows, and a theatre( where in the third deck, your knees were touching the next row). If someone had to get in or out, the whole row had to get out first (jamming too many people into too small a space),loud music, and a ship filled with nothing but bars. Casual and never elegant, 4900 passengers trying to jam into a few small pools, and lots of drinking, then you'll love this cruise. The ship itself was beautiful, but they jammed too many people on the ship, forming Disney lines queuing for dinner, guest services, lounge shows, etc. No thanks, that was not fun, nor was it relaxing.

I had to get off in port, just to get away from all the people.

I am afraid the crew outclassed the passengers.

What I liked:

The Grand Suite

ports visited

food, Chateau Briand was exceptional

The lobster was good, though broiled, instead of steamed.

wines reasonably priced

Embarkation and More Disembarkation were smooth as glass, no wait time, walked right off and to the car.

What I did not like:

formal night was a joke, I saw people in overalls.

Young girls wearing short shorts and sandals to dinner, like they were at a picnic.

Men could not be bothered to dress for dinner

I saw very few dinner jackets

No Sunday Buffet Brunch, which is a standard on Celebrity and other lines

No class

Our stateroom attendant for our suite was never around, we couldn't even reach him on the phone

room service menu extremely limited, I did not see any hot meals

no stationary in the room

no lotions, razors, cotton balls, bubbles for the Jacuzzi tub.

Towels were well worn and rough

soap not replaced, same soap all week- gross when three people are sharing the room

Did not pay attention to detail in our room, nor was there a notice that our large bottle of water came with a charge (and we were in a suite!)

Never served rack of lamb or double thick lamb chops- staple on most ships on one or two nights

Cut rate, budget cruise for the masses

Some people loved it. I'd say the ports were great, we made our own entertainment.

I loved the Art Auctions on board, once they finally rolled out the champagne. First day they advertised a champagne art auction and served Mimosa's. Yuk, had to wait for the champagne, along with a sea of others. I drink champagne, I buy art, no champagne, I don't buy. End of story.

Never again

I prefer Celebrity Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cave-Tubing Adventure

(5)

Loved the trip for $50 it was a whole day tour including Belize style lunch, chicken rice beans.
Caves were spectacular and not to be missed. At least a mile floating inside, large ceilings, NOT claustrophobic at all! Great lectures and fabulous information on our bus ride there.