“First time on mega ship.”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas

cockney Oasis of the Seas 5 First time on mega ship.
cockney
Member Since 2003
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating

My wife has to use an electric scooter to get around the ships that we have cruised on and when the Oasis came out she always said it was too big for her. She was surprised that even with 6,400 cruisers on board the only time it seemed packed was coming out of the dining room or theater.

The elevators were good but the passengers were not helpful when they see someone on a scooter or wheelchair they do not make room for you in the elevator, sometimes we had to wait for over 15 minutes to get into one. It is about time the cruise lines made an elevator strictly for the handicapped using their cabin card.

The ship is great with Central park magnificent flowers and plenty of places to sit and rest. We were hoping that the handicapped cabins would be automatic like the Radiance so that when you put in your cabin card the door would open but no luck , that is something that is missing as you cannot open the door and get into the cabin without help.

All in all it was a nice cruise staff were the best we have ever had always calling to find out if we needed anything.Room service was excellent call before delivery so fast and hot food, breakfast on the balcony was the greatest.

If you want to go on a mega ship this is the one for you.

Oasis of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

D26232
Great balcony with plenty of closet space as it was a handicapped room. The cabin was just right for my wife to get her scooter turned around inside and she remarked that it was the best bathroom and shower we have had.We always book early to get this kind of cabin and this one was great.

Port

We got a taxi into town from the dock that had a lift unit for my wifes scooter , it made it so nice that we did not have to walk the 4 miles into town ( for me at least).

Read 4,593 Cozumel Reviews
Port

Another great stop shops were big enough for my wife to get around on her scooter and people very friendly.

Read 155 Hamilton Reviews
Port

All of the ports of call was easy for my wife to get off and back on the ship with her scooter. Very helpful staff.

Read 851 Labadee Reviews
Published 09/27/13
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Oasis of the Seas Review
Oasis of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?