MSC Armonia Cruise Review by broonbare

Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 9
See More About: MSC Armonia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Service Not Rated

Ship Facts: MSC Armonia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Armonia Deck Plans
MSC Armonia 2013

We sailed from Venice in September for a week on the MSC Armonia. We were kept waiting at the airport for a while until other flights arrived then we were bussed to the ship. Check in was a bit slap dash with the left hand not knowing what the right one was doing.

We got onto the ship and there were staff members at every corridor to show us to our cabin which was fine for our needs.

This is one of the cleanest ships I have been on with lots of mirrors every one shining which is more than could be said for the outside of the windows of the cabins and public areas, all of which were filthy.

The food was average unless you do not like tomato and being Italian there was plenty of that. We shared a dining room table with a couple from Manchester and the lady had the same surname as us. Not sure if that was just chance or nice planning by MSC.

The bar service is the worst I have ever seen on any ship I have been on ,including North Sea and cross channel ferry's. Most of the bar staff are young and lack proper training. They are badly supervised and poorly managed and lack focus and when the bar gets busy, they panic.

It was my birthday during the cruise and I got a card from the ship, so nice touch there. We were told at the end of the cruise that the ship could not moor at the terminal and we would be bussed but we did moor at the terminal.

Disembarking was colour coded but they stopped using the tannoy to call the colours and this led to a shambles, We got our luggage and were herded into a car park for about a hour with coaches ,trucks and taxis dodging round people, no shelter from the sun and not very safe. We were under the care of 3 young girls who had not got a clue what was going on or what coach people were supposed to get onto.

If I was to compare MSC cruises to a supermarket it would come in about the level of LIDL. I would use them again in the hope they get better organized and provide better staff training.

We booked with cruise.co.uk and I must compliment Anne who dealt with us for the smashing service she gave us.

Publication Date: 09/27/13