“A Nice Weekend”

Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We sailed out of Long Beach on September 20. We booked an interior cabin at the last minute.

We arrived at the pier at about 12:30 PM, and were on board by 1 PM. Great service there.

We were booked on the Empress Deck (deck 7). This was convenient, as only one floor up to dining room, and three to lido deck where we found the buffet, and the pools etc.

The service there was excellent. While my wife and I aren't big drinkers, we were approached for drinks by waiters regularly. There wasn't any pressure to drink, and they were friendly, and accepted this easily.

We met our cabin steward, Roderick. He was friendly, and throughout the weekend, was able to provide great service.

In the main dining room again, we had outstanding service. My wife has severe food allergies, and the crew was extremely attentive, providing us with the next night's menu, and recommendations for her.

We took an excursion to the Wineries of Ensenada. This was a great tour.

We had a sea day, that was totally relaxing.

The shows were average, but enjoyable.

You should be aware that for a weekend cruise this is a "party boat" with a lot of young people, doing stags and stagettes etc. We saw some loud and rowdy behaviour, but nothing that caused concern at all for us. The ship is also a fair bit smaller than many out there today, so there aren't as many amenities as you are perhaps used to.

We were stuck with lousy weather, but obviously this was out of control for Carnival.

All in all we had a great time, and for a weekend away, I'd do it again.

I should say that in the past we have sailed with Princess. This has spoiled us for some of the nicer parts of cruising. You do pay a little more with them, but the experience is a little nicer. For a longer cruise, I would go with Princess.

Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

Winery Tour

This was a four hour tour with a great guide. We saw two wineries, and sampled 5 wines at each. The people were outstanding, and it was a totally relaxing day. We were dropped off in town, which was only a 15 minute walk to the ship. We could have just gone back to the ship had we desired.

Published 09/27/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Inspiration Review
Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?